Woohoo! We have made it to the halfway point of our 25 days of holiday cookies and treats! Today we are sharing a cookie that was the first to disappear when I set them out at Thanksgiving. These Butter Pecan Cookies were gone before the turkey was carved.
Butter Pecan Cookies
John's Mom absolutely loved these cookies. I was starting to wonder if people were sneaking cookies into their purses and pockets these cookies went so fast. I had hid a couple extra's for John's Mom thankfully before everyone arrived. She just loves these cookies.
Are you a fan of Pecans? I am really enjoying baking with them this year. Keep an eye out for a few more pecan recipes coming soon.
- Chopped pecans
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Self-rising flour
- Pecan halves
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coconut Pineapple Drop Cookies
Chocolate Chip Coconut Rum Cookies
Make sure to check back each morning for a new holiday cookie and treat recipe!
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Butter Pecan Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups pecans chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Butter softened
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 egg separated
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Toast chopped pecans with 1 tablespoon butter in a baking pan at 325 degrees for 5-7 minutes, set aside to cool
- Cream brown sugar and 1 cup of butter until light and fluffy, beat in egg yolk and vanilla
- Gradually add in flour, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in toasted pecans, pressing nuts into the dough
- Beat egg whites until foamy, dip pecan halves in egg whites and press into each cookie ball
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
Recipe originally posted on December 10, 2013. Updated September 2020.
Oh my husband would absolutely LOVE these! Pecans are his favorite!
Thanks a lot, now I am going out to buy cookies! Well, it is snowing and we need supplies.
Thanks for the recipe!
These look delicious! I love Pecans.