Easy Red White and Blue Poke Cake Recipe perfect for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, the Olympics, or any day you want a fun easy moist cake recipe. This Patriotic Poke Cake is so easy to make and tastes amazing! The perfect 4th of July Cake that can be made ahead of time.
Red White and Blue Poke Cake
We are so excited for summer this year! It is time to get outside and visit with friends and family finally! We have been on a roll making fun patriotic desserts that will be perfect for not only the summer holidays but maybe the summer Olympics depending on how things are going.
It is hard to plan for events right now but it is not hard to prepare this cake. So even if things don't look the way they would normally look you can still make this fun red white and blue poke cake!
- White Cake Mix + eggs and oil to prepare the cake.
- Red Jello
- Blue Jello
- Boiling water and cold water
- Cool Whip Topping
- Red White and Blue M&Ms
Wooden Spoon - The handle of a wooden spoon is the perfect kitchen tool for poking holes in your cake. Make sure to cool completely before making holes in the cake. If you poke them to early chunks of cake will come out.
9x13 baking dish
Plan time for your cake to set in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours. The longer the cake sets the better it tastes.
You can spread the red and blue Jello in a random pattern or try to alternate it between holes in the cake. It is really up to you how you want the design to look. We try to alternate holes so that each slice of cake shows both colors. Don't worry if the holes are not filled after you pour the Jello. The liquid spreads into the cake making it super moist.
We top the cake with Cool Whip instead of using homemade whipped cream. The Cool Whip is more stable and holds it shape better.
We topped the cake with Red and Blue M&Ms in the shape of the American Flag. We fully admit that we were not able to get all 50 stars on the cake so we adapted it a bit.
If you don't want to top the cake with M&Ms you can use strawberries and blueberries, or just use fun Red, White and Blue sprinkles for a fun topper.
Great Summer Dessert Recipes
Red White and Blue Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 white cake mix plus ingredients called for on the box.
- 4 oz Red Jello
- 4 oz Blue jello
- 1 Cool Whip
- Red White and Blue M&Ms or sprinkles
- Bake white cake mix according to box directions, allow to cool.
- Poke the top of the cake with the end of a wooden spoon
- Mix Red Jello with ¾ cup of boiling water until dissolved. Add in ½ cup cold water. Pour the Red Jello on to the cake in your chosen pattern.
- Mix Blue Jello with ¾ cup of boiling water until dissolved. Add in ½ cup cold water. Pour the blue Jello onto the cake in your chosen pattern.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Spread Cool whip over the cake and decorate with your chosen toppings.