Can I confess something to you? We have been eating out way too often. I am not sure if it is life craziness or just not wanting to escape the house but we have been eating out all the time. I balanced my checkbook and realized that we have eaten out way too much lately. It is time to get back to basics and cooking at home!
To start we are making this simple fried rice recipe! I love that I can easily pair it with a salad, chicken and we are ready for dinner. I need to get back in the kitchen and start making the food we love at home instead of going out all the time.
Now if only that didn't make for even more dishes in the sink. Too bad there is not a magic robot that will just come and keep my kitchen clean each time I walk out of it. Well, a girl can dream but until then I will keep working on fun simple recipes that hopefully do not take a ton of dishes 🙂
Simple Easy Fried Rice Recipe
I made this egg fried rice recipe with white rice but you could easily use brown rice, long-grain rice, jasmine rice, or leftover rice if you prefer. This homemade fried rice recipe is a great side dish to pair with dinner. We love pairing this recipe with
Feel free to add in green onions if you love their taste. One of the best parts of Chinese fried rice is you can customize it with your favorite things.
If you are running low on time whip up a bag of pre-cooked rice and you can easily add it to this recipe. Honestly, you just can't go wrong making this recipe at home! It is the perfect side dish for a great family dinner.
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients for Fried Rice
- White rice
- Sesame oil (or vegetable oil) – I find Sesame Oil gives it more of the taste of a Chinese Restaurant
- Frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- Minced garlic
- Eggs, slightly beaten
- Soy sauce
Great Dinner Recipes
Simple Fried Rice Recipe
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the stir fry off to one side, then pour eggs on the other side of skillet. Stir fry until scrambled.
- Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated.
Originally shared November 8, 2015. Updated January 2021