I am so excited to share this super easy Shepherds Pie with everyone! When I say super easy I mean super easy!
Easy Shepherds Pie Recipe
I made this for dinner this week and John told me it may be his new favorite recipe. He had more than enough for lunches the next few days afterward and it reheats great!
This meal is so filling! You can up the veggies and meat if you want to make it really hearty!
This easy Shephard's Pie is definitely going to be added to our menu rotation.
I had everything I needed to make this in the pantry. Which I love!
Did you see the new Corned Beef Shepherd's Pie we shared?
- Ground beef
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Mixed vegetables
- Beef gravy
I originally planned on adding fresh garlic to the potatoes but after tasting the garlic potatoes from the mix I didn't think they needed any additional garlic.
Mix n Chop - We use the mix n chop to break up the ground beef and love it.
Large Mixing Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
1. Brown Beef and set to the side
2. Cook garlic potatoes in the microwave, measure out 2 cups and place in a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese and ½ cup of cheddar cheese until smooth.
3. Combine browned ground beef, vegetables, and gravy in a separate bowl.
4. Pour beef mixture into the bottom of your casserole pan
5. Pour potato mix over the top and spread to cover the beef.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
Great Dinner Recipes
Super easy Shepherds Pie Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Beef browned
- 2 cups hot garlic mashed potatoes
- 4 oz Cream Cheese cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese divided into half cups
- 4 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Brown Beef and set to the side
- Cook garlic potatoes in microwave, measure out 2 cups and place in a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese and ½ cup of cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Combine browned beef, vegetables and gravy in a separate bowl.
- Pour beef mixture into the bottom of your casserole pan
- Pour potato mix over the top and spread to cover the beef.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
Recipe originally shared on March 15, 2014. Updated October 2020