We have entered into the time of year that I like to think of as leftover days….Those days when you are still trying to come up with how you are going to use the leftovers from the last big holiday meal or meals. If you end up hosting multiple holiday meals you could have an entire fridge and freezer full of leftovers. Today’s Slow Cooker Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe with Ham is perfect for using leftover ham. I have to say this dish is so good it could easily sit on the holiday table too.
I love that it is made in the slow cooker so you don’t have to stress about oven space. It can sit in the corner and do its own thing for a few hours without taking up much-needed oven space. I have to admit there have been holidays I have had crock pots stashed all over our house while things were cooking. Anything to try and make the kitchen easier to get around in.
I also love making this crock pot ham and bean soup recipe with leftover ham. My goal after the holidays is to always try and find new recipes to make that don’t include a ton of ham sandwiches or omelettes. Because honestly, you can only eat so many ham or turkey sandwiches before you are just done with it all.
For breakfast, you can also make this Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Grits recipe with leftover ham.
Make sure and pin this recipe to make it easier to find when you want to make it again.
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Recipe
6 russet potatoes, thinly sliced
1 ½ pound ham steak, DICED
10 ¾ oz cream of mushroom soup
1 ¼ cup water
2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (1.5 for layering, .5 for melting over the top)
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1. Place a layer of potatoes on a parchment lined slow cooker bowl
2. Top with a layer of onions
3. Top with a small layer of ham
4. Top with a layer of cheese
5. Continue to this layering until you run out of ingredients.
6. Cook on high for 5 – 6 hours or until the potatoes are tender
7. ½ hour before finishing, top with remaining ½ c of cheddar
8. When cheese has melted, slice the potatoes in a pie shape to serve, or simply scoop it out onto plates.
Makes 4-6 servings
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 6 russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pound ham steak DICED
- 10 ¾ oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 cup cheddar cheese shredded (1.5 for layering, .5 for melting over the top)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
Place a layer of potatoes on a parchment lined slow cooker bowl
Top with a layer of onions
Top with a small layer of ham
Top with a layer of cheese
Continue to this layering until you run out of ingredients.
Cook on high for 5 – 6 hours or until the potatoes are tender
½ hour before finishing, top with remaining ½ c of cheddar
When cheese has melted, slice the potatoes in a pie shape to serve, or simply scoop it out onto plates.