Crock Pot Spicy Barbecue Kielbasa

I love super easy recipes! I especially love crock pot recipes that only take a few minutes and feed a crowd. These Crock Pot Spicy Barbecue Kielbasa are perfect for a crowd or family dinner!

If you are hosting a football party or well any get together this recipe is for your! I made it for dinner and John walked in the door and instantly headed for the crock pot. This is one of those recipes that makes your house smell ah-mazing and everyone wants to dive in as soon as they walk in the door.

Crock Pot Kielbasa

1/2 cup bourbon
2 lbs kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch rounds

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in the crock pot
2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, until sausage is hot

Crock Pot Kielbasa Appetizer

The Spicy Barbecue Kielbasa can be served in a bowl with toothpicks on the side or individually on a plate. These kielbasa are a bit sticky and have quite a bit of sauce. I would make sure you have extra napkins available near them. I had to spray and wash John’s shirt after he lost control of a piece and it rolled down the front of his shirt.

I hope you enjoy the Spicy Barbecue Kielbasa. Let us know if you try the recipe in the comments below.
What are your favorite crock pot recipes?

Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.

Top 10 Crock Pot Recipes

1. Crock Pot Monkey Bread

2. Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole

3. Crock Pot Ham

4. Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

5. Crock Pot Spicy Buffalo Ranch Chicken

6. Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

7. Crock Pot Spicy Barbecue Kielbasa

8. Crock Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa

9. Crock Pot Apple Crisp

10. Crock Pot Cajun Boiled Peanuts

Comments

1. Cindi Martin says

These are awesome. Sliced them a but thinner and put them on Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls! Can you say AWESOME!!! Thanks for the great recipe it will stay around for along time at my house. Can not wait for the next potluck at work!

2. Suzanne says

Is there any way to skip the bourbon and replace it with something non-alcoholic? I’m sure the flavor is amazing, but I have a few absolute non-drinkers to feed.
    Thanks,
    Suzanne

3. says

I like that the sauce isn’t just sweet on sweet. The mustard and hot sauce would help cut through the sugar and fattiness. This may come with me to an annual Christmas potluck. Thanks for sharing.
    Mama B recently posted..Like a TV Clip ShowMy Profile

4. Linda Gilliam says

Jen and Suzanne,
    When you cook with alcohol, the alcohol part of it dissipates within a few minutes, only the great flavor is left,
    your guests will never know its in there unless you tell them, I would not skip it, it’s where the flavor in this dish is but there’s no REAL alcohol left after cooking this long, it’s like the Jack Daniels sauce at TGI Fidays, if they didn’t name it, you’d never know it was there…just thought you might ot know this, I’ve been cooking over 40 years.

• Christine says

It’s actually a myth that ALL the alcohol cooks off. While most of it does, alcoholics and those that have medical conditions that cannot have alcohol should not have anything that contains any alcohol. It’s not worth the risk to add some flavor.

5. Justina says

I am pregnant and read the alcohol doesn’t completely burn off. But I read u can replace it with 1 or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.

6. Melisa says

Yes it is a myth that alcohol burns off during cooking. If you have any alcoholics or allergies to alcohol they should not have anything cooked in alcohol. My father is a recovering alcoholic. It’s like giving a diabetic a large regular soft drink when they ordered diet. You could cause major problems. I’m a retired registered nurse that have spent many years working with alcoholics. It’s not worth a little “flavor”!

7. Cindy says

Was invited to a friends house for a “girls nite” so I decided to bring these ….than god I cut the recipe in half cuz it made a ton! However no one liked it……..went in the garbage at the end of the nite…not only was it a disappointment , but a waste of money too!

8. michelle preston says

Hi, is there another substitute for the mustard, cant find creole mustard here.. any ideas of a substitute??

Thank U!!