Day 11 already of our 25 days of holiday cookies and treats! Today we are sharing Apricot Coconut Cookies!
These are the perfect combination of fruity flavors combined into a seriously good cookie. I gave these to John’s Grandmother and she loved them.
Can you tell I have been on a coconut kick lately. I just realized we have already had 4 other cookies with coconut in them over the past 11 days of holiday cookies. I really hope y’all like coconut as much as I do. If you are not a coconut fan like our Hawaiian neighbor, which seems wrong on so many levels, Don’t worry we will have some non-coconut cookies this week too!
Are you diving head first into holiday baking or putting it off for a few more weeks?
Before I forget the glaze that is on these cookies is pure bliss. Oh my goodness! I am going to admit here and now that I just might have licked the spoon and went back for a second sample of the glaze. Hello Yum!
Apricot Coconut Cookies
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter
1 package cream cheese, 3 ounces
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup confectioner sugar
2 tbsp apricot preserves
1 1/2 tsp butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp milk
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until course crumbs
2. Add in coconut and preserves, mix well
3. Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool on wire rack
25 Days of Holiday cookies and treats
Day 1 – Krumkake
Day 2 – Crock Pot Cinnamon Pecans
Day 3 – Sweet & Spicy Almonds
Day 4 – Minty Chocolate Balls
Day 5 – Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Day 7- Molasses Cookies
Day 8- Ranger Cookies
Day 9 – Coconut Pineapple Drop Cookies
Make sure to check back each morning for a new holiday cookie and treat recipe!
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 package cream cheese, 3 ounces
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ½ cup confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1½ tsp butter, softened
- 1½ tsp milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until course crumbs
- Add in coconut and preserves, mix well
- Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool on wire rack
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl until well combined