My dear Husband loves French Onion Soup.
Every time we take a cruise he looks forward to the evening they serve French Onion Soup.
Since we sadly do not have a cruise on our schedule right now I figured I would try my hand at making his favorite soup.
Well you know I had to give it my own spin and make it in the crock pot.
So without further ado…..Crock Pot French Onion Soup
I hope you enjoy Day 4 of our Crockuary Recipes! We are well on our way to sharing 28 days worth of Crock Pot Recipes!
Crock Pot French Onion Soup
1/4 cup butter
3 pounds yellow onions, sliced
1 tbsp sugar
2 quarts beef broth
Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded
1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add onions, cover and cook until onions are tender and transparent but not browned
2. Sprinkle sugar over onions, cook and stir 8 -10 minutes until onions are caramelized
3. Pour onions into the crock pot
4. Stir in beef broth and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours
5. Preheat broiler, ladle soup into individual soup bowl, top with a slice of French Bread with cheese on top
6. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.