ChecDelicious Crockpot Italian Wedding Soup that is super easy to make! This slow cooker soup is filled with Italian Sausage, Kale, Carrots, seasoning, and small pasta. So easy to make and tastes amazing. The perfect comfort food soup!
Crockpot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
This Crock Pot Italian Sausage Wedding Soup Recipe is delicious and so easy to make!
Rich and hearty this slow cooker soup is filling. You can easily add in more pasta if you want to spread it out farther. If you add in extra pasta just watch your liquid and make sure the pasta does not absorb it all.
I added in close to 2 cups of small pasta the last time I made this instead of just a cup. I really wanted the Italian Wedding Soup to be super filling. Plus this way we had leftovers and I didn't have to cook lunch the next day which is always a win.
If you add in extra pasta you may need to keep adding in some extra chicken stock. I add in the chicken stock and let it continue cooking on warm on the counter for a while. John tends to go back for a 2nd bowl and then a snack bowl while this soup is set out.
- Olive oil
- Italian Sausage
- Red onion
- Chicken stock/broth
- Lemon juice
- Bay leaf
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Small pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
Crockpot - We suggest using a crockpot that has a digital timer that automatically switches the slow cooker to warm after a set amount of time. This helps make sure your dinner cooks perfectly and you don't have to stress about what time it is going to be done.
I also love this mix and chop for breaking up the Italian Sausage while it is cooking. So easy to use and breaks up the meat great. Also, works great with hamburger.
Great Crockpot Soup Recipes
Don't miss our favorite sides for soup.
Crock Pot Italian Sausage Wedding Soup Recipe
- Place olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add in ground sausage and cook until browned. Drain off excess fat, return to heat and add in onions and carrots, cook until onions sweat
- transfer meat and veggies to the crock pot. Add in chicken broth, kale, lemon juice, garlic, bay leaf, crushed red peppers and stir to combine
- Cook on low for 5 hours, add in pasta and cook for 1 additional hour
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top
Recipe originally shared on March 25, 2015. Updated on April 8, 2020