You are going to love this Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup that is a copycat of Olive Gardens Soup! Filled with Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Kale, and more this soup is super filling and tastes amazing.
Crock Pot Copy Cat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
If you have been following the blog for a while you know we have a love for Olive Garden. It is our go to restaurant of choice many times for date night. Mainly because of the unlimited soups! There is just something about Olive Garden Soups. I decided to make this Crock Pot Copy Cat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe at home so we could enjoy the soup without having to worry about leaving the house.
Because let’s be honest there are nights that you want your favorite restaurant meal without having to think about wearing clothes that are suitable to be seen in. You know those nights where you just want a pair of yoga pants, scuzzy old shirt and your hair on top of your head. I say let’s embrace those nights and make our favorites at home.
Give yourself permission to curl up on the couch with a big bowl of Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup and catch up on TV! heck yeah! Life is crazy as it is let’s treat us to a night in.
You can even make the Copy Cat Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake for dessert! YUM! I know not everyone’s favorite soup is Zuppa Toscana so here are a few more Olive Garden Soup recipes.
Visit our Olive Garden Recipe page to see all of the Olive Garden Recipes we have shared.
- Low sodium chicken stock/chicken broth
- Spicy Italian Sausage/Hot Italian Sausage (You can use Mild Italian Sausage if you don’t want the spiciness)
- Russet potatoes
- Garlic Cloves
- Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
Garnish with Parmesan Cheese
And we can’t forget the important Olive Garden Breadstick Recipe to truly have the Olive Garden experience at home. 🙂
Slow Cooker – We use a Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart for most of our crockpot recipes.
You will want to plan for a cook time of 7-8 hours if you are cooking this on low. This Zuppa Toscana recipe is perfect for setting up in the morning and having it ready when you want it for dinner.
The soup needs to cook long enough so the potatoes are fork-tender. We love how super easy this Zuppa Toscana Soup is to make in the slow cooker. John loves this soup and would happily eat it for days.
How can you go wrong with a potato soup filled with chopped kale, onion and garlic, Italian sausages and more?
Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- 32 oz low sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 32 oz Spicy Italian Sausage cooked and crumbled
- 5 Russet potatoes 1/4 in chunks
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Cook the Spicy Italian Sausage and crumble
- Place chicken stock, water, Italian Sausage, potatoes, onion, garlic and salt and pepper in the crock pot
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours until potatoes are cooked through
- Stir in kale and let cook for 30 minutes
- Add in heavy cream and let warm through, approx 5-10 minutes
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese
Recipe originally shared on March 2, 2016. Updated on April 4, 2020.