I am so excited to share this Crock Pot Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe with you all! I have been racking my brain for months trying to think of a fun new slow cooker casserole to share. I know that you all love the crock pot taco casserole, Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole, and Crock Pot Pasta and Beef Casseroles we have shared over the past year or two.
I have been trying new fun casseroles in the crock pot to see which ones turn out great and which ones turn out blah. I am keeping the blah ones tucked safely away from here so you don’t have to try them. Thankfully this Crock Pot Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe is delish! Sloppy Joes were one of my favorite meals growing up. There is just something amazing about being given the permission to eat something with the name sloppy in its title. You can layer on the paper towels over your shirt and dig in!
Plus you can’t go wrong with anything that includes tater tots. Are you a tater tot or fries person?
Super easy to make Crock Pot Tater Tot Sloppy Joes Casserole Recipe. Made with ground beef the entire family will love this slow cooker recipe. The crockpot does all the work and you have a great family meal!
Crock Pot Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
1 lb. ground beef
½ onion, diced
1 c tomato sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 can red kidney beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 bag tater tots, frozen
1. Brown beef with onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and mustard to the beef mixture. Mix well.
3. Add the kidney beans
4. Spray the inside bowl of the slow cooker with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper
5. Place a layer of tater tots on the bottom of the bowl
6. Cover with the beef mixture
7. Place another layer of tater tots on top of the beef mixture.
8. Cover the bowl with a tea towel, and place the lid over that.
9. Cook on high for 4 hours
10. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the lid and sprinkle on the cheese. Replace lid and continue cooking until the cheese is melted and gooey.
When serving, garnish with a dollop of sour cream or ketchup if you prefer.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes