It has been so cold in Spokane that I am always looking for hot, filling recipes for breakfast. This Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal Recipe fits the bill perfectly. Hot, filling, delicious, comforting and easy to make = sign me up!!!
Now if only I could get my toes to warm up and the snow to all melt life would be good. Or maybe I just need to hop a plane to a tropical island and defrost for a week or two. John keeps looking at tropical vacations online each night and not so casually mentioning cruise deals. I am pretty sure he is ready to escape the cold.
I love that I can set this up overnight and breakfast is ready when we get out of bed. If you love overnight oatmeal check out all of our crock pot oatmeal recipes for more ideas! We have a ton of different recipes to make breakfast easier every day. For a sweet treat try these semi-homemade cinnamon rolls. Hello YUM!
Super easy Overnight Crockpot Apple Oatmeal Recipe the family will love. The slow cooker does all the work! Start your mornings off with this delicious oatmeal
You just can’t go wrong with cinnamon and apples in the morning!!! Do you have a favorite breakfast dish you like to start the day with? My Husband would say bacon but I don’t know that it is considered a full breakfast.
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup White Sugar
5 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
2/3 Cup Oats
½ Cup Brown sugar
¼ Cup Flour
¼ Cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
½ Tsp Cinnamon
1. Combine apples, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker bowl that has been greased/sprayed or lined with parchment paper.
2. Mix topping ingredients well and sprinkle over apple mixture in the bowl.
3. Cook on low for 4 ½ – 5 hours. Halfway through cooking time, give the contents a stir.
4. Turn off the heat and let the oatmeal sit for an approximately ½ hour.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- ½ C White sugar
- 5 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅔ C Oats
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- ¼ C Flour
- ¼ C Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Combine apples, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker bowl that has been greased/sprayed or lined with parchment paper.
- Mix topping ingredients well and sprinkle over apple mixture in the bowl.
- Cook on low for 4 ½ – 5 hours. Halfway through cooking time, give the contents a stir.
- Turn off the heat and let the dessert sit for an approximately ½ hour.
- Serve with ice cream, drizzled cream, or whipped cream.