For the past few weeks, we have been doing recipes you might not expect to make in the crock pot. Today we are sharing a soup recipe with a twist….Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe!
This crock pot soup recipe is a fun twist on enjoying a cheeseburger. You can add in the bun part by using a breadstick to dip in the soup if you like.
Super easy to make and so flavorful this soup is a great family dinner.
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
½ lbs. Ground Beef
½ Chopped Onion
2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 stalks Celery Chopped
4 oz. Velveeta Cheese, diced
1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
4 cups Chicken Broth
1 Can Tomatoes, diced
1 tsp each Salt and pepper (or more to taste)
2 Cups Pasta ( macaroni, shells, etc.), cooked al dente
4 Bacon, cooked crispy
¼ C Flour
1. Brown onion, beef, salt, pepper, and garlic in a fry pan until just cooked. Add the flour and cook a few minutes longer to cook out the “raw” flavor of the flour.
2. Put into crock pot and add tomatoes and broth.
3. Add cheddar and Velveeta cheeses.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5, stirring occasionally
4. 15 minutes before serving, add cooked pasta
5. Let soup cook for 15 minutes and serve.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes