How to make delicious Slow Cooker Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe! The crockpot does almost all the work and it tastes amazing.
Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup
I love this recipe from the Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes: 200 Recipes cookbook! It is so easy to make and tastes amazing
You know how you are not supposed to admit that you have a favorite because it might upset someone. Well, I am about to upset our other crockpot recipes....
This Crock Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup is my new favorite thing!!!
I seriously LOVE this soup! It is hearty and oh sooooooo good. I may have eaten it for breakfast after making the recipe it is that good. Plus it re-heats up fantastic for leftovers if it lasts that long.
I finally made myself freeze the last two portions so I can enjoy them later on. I was enjoying this soup for pretty much every meal I possibly could. It is that good!
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable broth *can also use chicken broth
- Large tomatoes
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Cheese-filled tortellini
- Evaporated milk
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Great Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
We hope you really enjoy this slow cooker tomato soup with tortellini. It is one of my favorite comfort foods.
The slow cooker makes this recipe so easy to make! If you have anyone in your family that doesn't enjoy tortellini you can leave it out for their portion and just serve the soup. You can also change this recipe up with different types of tortellini.
Slow Cooker Tomato Tortellini Soup
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth *can also use chicken broth
- 3 large tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 20 oz Cheese filled tortellini
- 12 oz Evaporated milk
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese to garnish
- Whisk together melted butter and flour until a smooth paste forms, slowly whisk in broth until well combined
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, salt, and oregano
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours until soup is thick
- Use Immersion Blender to blend into a creamy soup
- Stir in evaporated milk
- Cook tortellini according to the directions, drain and add to crock pot,
- Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes
- Serve in bowls and garnish with Parmesan Cheese
Recipe originally shared on December 8, 2014. Updated September 2020