Easy Crockpot Beer Cheese Soup Recipe everyone will love.
Crock Pot Beer and Cheese Soup
Is anyone else totally and completely over winter and ready for spring?
I am so ready for spring weather. I keep reminding myself April showers bring May flowers but it is only February so that isn't helping much 🙂
Today I am excited to share a hot, comforting, if only it would melt a bit of winter weather soup with everyone.
Crock Pot Beer and Cheese soup is seriously so easy to make! AND it tastes amazing!
I made up a huge pot of this so John would have leftovers while I am gone this week.
Tomorrow I am heading to Cincinnati to meet with Proctor and Gamble!
I am so excited to be participating in their Science of Sleep event. Let's be honest I don't know anyone who would complain at more sleep or better sleep!
I can't wait to bring back amazing tools and information to help us all get a better night sleep.
Since I am going to be out of town for a few days I figured I would load up the fridge and freezer with meals John could easily re-heat.
Though...we will see if he eats the food I made or goes out with our neighbor to eat all of the food I don't like.
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
3 2/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cold water
8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1/2 cubes
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup beer
sliced green onions
1. Combine onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, salt, pepper, broth and butter in crockpot
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, until veggies are tender
3. Stir together flour and cold water to make a smooth paste in a small bowl
4. Stir into the soup along with cream cheese, cheddar, and beer
5. Cover and cook on high for 30-60 minutes, stirring halfway
Turn to warm for serving
Sprinkled with bacon and green onions
Top 10 Crock Pot Recipes
6. Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Crock Pot Beer Cheese Soup
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery chopped
- 1 red pepper small, chopped
- 3 2/3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup beer
- bacon Crumbled
- green onions sliced
- Combine onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, salt, pepper, broth and butter in crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, until veggies are tender
- Stir together flour and cold water to make a smooth paste in a small bowl
- Stir into soup along with cream cheese, cheddar and beer
- Cover and cook on high for 30-60 minutes, stirring halfway
- Turn to warm for serving
- Sprinkled with bacon and green onions