Is anyone else totally and completely over winter and ready for spring?
I am so ready for spring weather. I keep reminding myself April showers bring May flowers but it is only February so that isn’t helping much 🙂
Today I am excited to share a hot, comforting, if only it would melt a bit of winter weather soup with everyone.
Crock Pot Beer and Cheese soup is seriously so easy to make! AND it tastes amazing!
I made up a huge pot of this so John would have leftovers while I am gone this week.
Tomorrow I am heading to Cincinnati to meet with Proctor and Gamble!
I am so excited to be participating in their Science of Sleep event. Let’s be honest I don’t know anyone who would complain at more sleep or better sleep!
I can’t wait to bring back amazing tools and information to help us all get a better night sleep.
Since I am going to be out of town for a few days I figured I would load up the fridge and freezer with meals John could easily re-heat.
Though…we will see if he eats the food I made or goes out with our neighbor to eat all of the food I don’t like.
Crock Pot Beer and Cheese Soup
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
3 2/3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cold water
8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1/2 cubes
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup beer
sliced green onions
1. Combine onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, salt, pepper, broth and butter in crock pot
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, until veggies are tender
3. Stir together flour and cold water to make a smooth paste in a small bowl
4. Stir into soup along with cream cheese, cheddar, and beer
5. Cover and cook on high for 30-60 minutes, stirring halfway
Turn to warm for serving
Sprinkled with bacon and green onions
Top 10 Crock Pot Recipes for 2013!
6. Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Crock Pot Beer and Cheese SoupPrint Rate
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 3 2/3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup beer
- Crumbled bacon
- sliced green onions
- Combine onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, salt, pepper, broth and butter in crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, until veggies are tender
- Stir together flour and cold water to make a smooth paste in a small bowl
- Stir into soup along with cream cheese, cheddar and beer
- Cover and cook on high for 30-60 minutes, stirring halfway
- Turn to warm for serving
- Sprinkled with bacon and green onions