This Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe is the perfect family dinner comfort food! Prep in the morning and dinner is ready for you when you get home.
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
This crockpot meatloaf recipe is the perfect way to make a great meal and not have to stress over when it will be done.
Set the meatloaf up ahead of time and dinner is ready when you get home. So easy and the family will love it.
Can I confess something random and funny? I had to google if meatloaf was one word or two. For some reason, I kept picturing that it was Meat Loaf instead of Meatloaf. But come to find out Meat Loaf is an 80s singer, not a great dinner recipe.
I am pretty sure you didn't think we would be talking about the 80s singer Meat Loaf along with this slow cooker meatloaf recipe....who knew there were so many forms of meatloaf. LOL!
This is the perfect comfort food recipe! You just can't go wrong with letting the slow cooker do all the work!
If you enjoy crockpot recipes you will love these dinner recipes.
I also really like the idea of making Ground Chicken Meatloaf for a fun twist on this classic family recipe. This would also pair great with this Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. A great mix of cauliflower, bacon and sour cream! YUM!
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
Ingredients to make Crockpot Meatloaf
- Bread crumbs
- Chopped onion
- Salt and pepper
- Ground beef
Meatloaf Sauce - Ketchup Glaze
How long does it take to cook Meatloaf in the Crockpot?
On low it normally takes about six hours to cook the meatloaf. You want to get an internal temperature of 160 F with a meat thermometer.
You can use a meat thermometer to make sure the ground beef reaches the cooking temperature of 160 for ground beef.
- Large Bowl
- Small bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Make sure you place foil under your meatloaf to make it easier to remove from the slow cooker.
- You can prep the meatloaf mixture the night before so you are ready to put it in the crockpot in the morning.
- You can cook large pieces of potato and carrots around the meatloaf. Just make sure they are big chunks so they don't get mushy.
- This recipe can be cut in half if you want a smaller portion. Just move the recipe servings down.
- Make sure to use a 5-quart slow cooker or larger so there is space for the meatloaf to cook.
- Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and ground beef
- Shape into a loaf
- Place in crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and nutmeg for the glaze
- Spoon sauce over meatloaf
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes
Recipe originally shared October 2016