Growing up I loved when my Mom would make meatloaf for dinner. It was my favorite dinner and I would happily do every chore needed if it meant dinner happened sooner. Now I think about the time it took and love that there is an easier way. This crockpot meatloaf recipe is the perfect way to make a great meal and not have to stress over when it will be done.
Set the meatloaf up ahead of time and dinner is ready when you get home. So easy and the family will love it.
Can I confess something random and funny. I had to google if meatloaf was one word or two. For some reason, I kept picturing that it was Meat Loaf instead of Meatloaf. But come to find out Meat Loaf is an 80s singer, not a great dinner recipe.
I am pretty sure you didn’t think we would be talking about the 80s singer Meat Loaf along with this slow cooker meatloaf recipe….who knew there were so many forms of meatloaf. LOL!
Crock-Pot Meat Loaf Recipe
This is the perfect comfort food recipe! You just can’t go wrong with letting the slow cooker do all the work!
If you enjoy crockpot recipes you will love these dinner recipes.
I also really like the idea of making Ground Chicken Meatloaf for a fun twist on this classic family recipe. This would also pair great with this Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. A great mix of cauliflower, bacon and sour cream! YUM!
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
Ingredients to make Crockpot Meatloaf
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 tsp sage
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 -3 tbsp sauce
Meatloaf Sauce – Ketchup Glaze
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
How to make crockpot Meatloaf
1. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and ground beef
2. Shape into a loaf
3. Place in crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low, you can place a strip of aluminum foil under the meatloaf to help make it easier to remove.
4. In a small bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and ground nutmeg for the glaze.
5. Spoon glaze on top of the meatloaf
6. Cover and cook meatloaf on high for 30 minutes
You can use a meat thermometer to make sure the ground beef reaches the cooking temperature of 160 for ground beef.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crockpot recipes
- Slow Cooker Crockpot
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 -3 tbsp sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and ground beef
- Shape into a loaf
- Place in crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and nutmeg for the glaze
- Spoon sauce over meatloaf
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes
Recipe originally shared October 2016