For some reason, I am all about the crock pot appetizers this week. My brain is on New Years parties and upcoming Super Bowl parties. I also really like any recipe that can be eaten with very few dishes so I don’t have to wash them later. This Crock Pot Mexican Spinach Dip is a tasty delight that you will love!
Can I pause to comment that I can’t believe I typed Tasty delight ….not sure where that came from but now I am giggling about it.
This Crock Pot Mexican Spinach Dip is so easy to make! The slow cooker does all the work. Perfect for New Years, Super Bowl or anytime you need a Crockpot Appetizer.
Crock Pot Mexican Spinach Dip Recipe
1 brick cream cheese, room temperature
¼ c sour cream
¼ c yogurt
½ sweet pepper, any color, diced fine
1 can tomatoes (28 oz), drained
1 can green chilies
1 jalapeno diced very fine (*optional)
½ onion, diced
1 box frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry of extra moisture
1 c cheddar, shredded
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients except the cheddar cheese.
- Put them into slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours
- In the last hour, add the shredded cheddar, mix well. Replace lid and let melt.To serve, garnish with crackers / bread crisps or veggies.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 1 brick cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ c sour cream
- ¼ c yogurt
- ½ sweet pepper any color, diced fine
- 1 can tomatoes 28 oz, drained
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 jalapeno diced very fine *optional
- ½ onion diced
- 1 box frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry of extra moisture
- 1 c cheddar shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin