Can I share with you a fear I have?
I have always been really fearful of making jams and jellies. For some reason every time I think about making jams I talk myself out of it. I tell myself it is going to be way to hard and it is not going to turn out. I decided that I was not going to let my weird fear of messing up the jam or jellies stop me from actually trying to make one.
If the recipe didn’t turn out than I would just chuck it in the garbage and chalk another recipe off the list. Thankfully my dear Mom loves making jams and jellies and said she would help me make my first batch of jelly.
This Crock Pot Strawberry jam is in thanks to my Mom who helped me get through my crazy fear of making jam and start making my own.
Do you have a recipe or food that you worry about making? Am I the only one that has these weird fears that stop them from trying a recipe?
Did I mention the recipe is actually super easy to make and tastes great!
Crock Pot Strawberry Jam
2 pounds ripe strawberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup rRiesling wine
1 medium apple peeled, grated
1 box fruit pectin, 1.75 oz
1. Combine strawberries, sugar, wine, apple and pectin in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
2. Use a potato masher to mash fruit mixture to a chunky mix
3. Cook on high for 4 hours, turn off heat and let cool for 1 hour
4. Place Strawberry jam in a bowl and allow to chill for 8 hours
- 2 pounds ripe strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup rRiesling wine
- 1 medium apple peeled, grated
- 1 box fruit pectin, 1.75 oz
- Combine strawberries, sugar, wine, apple and pectin in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- Use a potato masher to mash fruit mixture to a chunky mix
- Cook on high for 4 hours, turn off heat and let cool for 1 hour
- Place Strawberry jam in a bowl and allow to chill for 8 hours
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine, August 2014