Slow Cooker Crock Pot Strawberry Crisp Recipe with Ginger! We have entered into one of my favorite times of year! Strawberry season! Hello yummy goodness! I LOVE Strawberries. As in I probably eat a bowl of them a day if not more.
I have made Crock Pot Apple Crisp for years but wanted to make a new version of it. I love the combination of strawberries and ginger in this crisp. If you are not a fan of ginger you can easily leave it out of the recipe. I want to play with the recipe a bit and see if I can make it a strawberry rhubarb crisp. We have a giant ruhbarb plant that I really need to start using.
A couple weeks ago we had the conversation on the difference between a bake and a casserole. Today I wonder how you decide if something is a crisp or a crumble…..The deep thoughts I have while writing about food. LOL!
I feel like so many food names depend on where you grow up or live. I was researching a recipe the other day and came out with 6 names that it is called across the country. Sometimes I just have to toss a coin to decide what to label a recipe and hope everyone gets what I am talking about.
Are you a fan of strawberry desserts like I am? I hope so if you are looking at this recipe. LOL! Check out these other great strawberry desserts
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Pin this recipe so it is easy to find!
If you are looking for other great summer crock pot recipes check out this slow cooker lemonade moonshine recipe! You might also like this Crock Pot tequila chicken recipe. Or this crock pot teriyaki chicken recipe is super delish!
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Strawberry Crisp Recipe with Ginger!
What ingredients are in Strawberry Crisp?
2 C Strawberries, washed, sliced
1 box French vanilla cake mix
½ c Oats
2 tsp Ginger, fresh, minced
½ c Butter
¼ c Sugar
How do you make a strawberry crisp recipe in the crock pot?
1. Line slow cooker pot with parchment paper or grease
2. Place the strawberries and ginger on the bottom of the pot
3. Sprinkle ¼ c sugar over the fruit.
4. In a bowl, combine the cake mixture, sugar, and butter. Cut in the butter until it looks like sand. Fold in the oats. Sprinkle this mix over top the strawberries.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Remove lid and let cook for another 30 minutes.
Garnish with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Strawberry Crisp Recipe
- 2 C Strawberries washed, sliced
- 1 box French vanilla cake mix
- ½ c Oats
- 2 tsp Ginger fresh, minced
- ½ c Butter
- ¼ c Sugar
- Line slow cooker pot with parchment paper or grease
- Place the strawberries and ginger on the bottom of the pot
- Sprinkle ¼ c sugar over the fruit.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mixture, sugar, and butter. Cut in the butter until it looks like sand. Fold in the oats. Sprinkle this mixture over top the strawberries.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Remove lid and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!