Can you tell I am on a crockpot comfort food kick? There is just something about moving towards Fall that makes me want to break out the slow cooker and make comfort foods and soups! Today's Crockpot Goulash Recipe is the perfect family dinner! Plus the leftovers are fantastic for lunch and to freeze!
Crockpot Goulash Recipe
Make sure and buy the good egg noodles! I tried generic egg noodles on a recipe recently and ended up with a bowl of mush. I don't know what happened but I will be sticking to the more expensive egg noodles from now on. The $.25 I saved was not worth it when I had to go back to the store for another package of noodles.
Are you ready for Fall and comfort foods or holding onto summer with all your might?
I am in between right now! I am ready for pumpkin and apple everything but also love the warm summer nights sitting outside on the deck. I just keep hoping that we don't see snow for months! I am not ready for that at all.
Bring on sweaters, cute boots, and hot chai teas!
I hope you love this easy beef crockpot goulash recipe! I love that you can make an amazing meal in the slow cooker and save so much time and energy! With the time you save you might be able to put your feet up and soak in the warm summer evenings while they last.
Check out these other Crock Pot Beef recipes that are great for family dinners!
Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage
Ingredients needed to make Beef Goulash in the Crock-Pot
- Tomato Paste
- Garlic clove
- Beef stock
- Egg Noodles
- Salt and Pepper
Great Dinner Recipes
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Crock Pot Beef Goulash Recipe
- 1 lb. Beef cut into cubes
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 can Tomato Paste small cans
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 package Egg Noodles
- dash Salt and pepper to taste
- Season beef and sear over high heat in a frying pan to brown all sides.
- Transfer meat (and any juices) to the slow cooker.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, paprika, tomato paste and beef stock.
- Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- About one hour before serving, mix the flour and butter in a frying pan and saute the mixture for 2 minutes, just to cook out the raw taste of the flour.
- Add to the slow cooker, give it a stir, cover and continue cooking for the remaining time.
- Serve on top of hot buttered egg noodles.
- Can garnish with a dollop of sour cream if you desire.
Recipe originally shared on August 7, 2016. Updated January 2021.
Leave a Reply