Can you tell I am on a crock pot comfort food kick? There is just something about moving towards Fall that makes me want to break out the slow cooker and make comfort foods and soups! Today’s Crock Pot Beef Goulash Recipe is the perfect family dinner! Plus the leftovers are fantastic for lunch and to freeze!
Make sure and buy the good egg noodles! I tried generic egg noodles on a recipe recently and ended up with a bowl of mush. I don’t know what happened but I will be sticking to the more expensive egg noodles from now on. The $.25 I saved was not worth it when I had to go back to the store for another package of noodles.
Are you ready for Fall and comfort foods or holding onto summer with all your might?
I am in between right now! I am ready for pumpkin and apple everything but also love the warm summer nights sitting outside on the deck. I just keep hoping that we don’t see snow for months! I am not ready for that at all.
Bring on sweaters, cute boots, and hot chai teas!
Crock Pot Beef Goulash Recipe
1 lb. Beef, cut into cubes
1 Onion, sliced
1 can Tomato Paste (small cans)
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Garlic clove
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Cups Beef stock
1 package Egg Noodles
dash Salt and Pepper
1. Season beef and sear over high heat in a frying pan to brown all sides.
2. Transfer meat (and any juices) to the slow cooker.
3. Add sliced onions, garlic, paprika, tomato paste and beef stock.
4. Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
5. About one hour before serving, mix the flour and butter in a frying pan and saute the mixture for 2 minutes, just to cook out the raw taste of the flour.
6. Add to the slow cooker, give it a stir, cover and continue cooking for the remaining time.
7. Serve on top of hot buttered egg noodles.
Can garnish with a dollop of sour cream if you desire.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes