Hello Yum! That is how I would describe this Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup! Delicious creamy slow cooker cheesy potato soup you are going to love! This slow cooker soup is comfort food in a bowl.
Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup
There are so many things that I love about this Crockpot Potato Soup!
1. It is super easy to make
2. It is super cheap to make
3. It is delicious
4. It is filling and perfect for a cold evening
5. Did I mention it is super cheap and tastes great!
Ingredients needed to make Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup
- Vegetable broth
- Garlic powder
- White pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green Onion
- Shredded cheese
I use a vegetable chopper to process the potatoes and onions quickly. This helps keep them a similar size for cooking in the slow cooker.
The mix and chop work great for mashing the potatoes and being easy to hold. I use it to mash the potatoes and to stir in the milk and cheese.
I finally bought an immersion blender and it worked wonders in this soup. I normally serve this soup really chunky but when I made it this week I used the immersion blender and couldn't believe how creamy it became.
I kept our Cheese Potato Soup pretty thick when I made it. I wanted it to be rich and filling. I have to say it was definitely rich and filling. I was able to enjoy about half of a bowl and I was stuffed.
You can add in more milk if you want the soup to be creamier or less thick.
This is the perfect potato soup for family dinner, cold nights or when you want to save a bit of money and make a super cheap dinner.
Don't miss or favorite side dishes for soup.
Great Soup Recipes
- Combine potatoes, vegetable broth, water, onions and garlic powder in the crock pot
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours, high for 4-6 hours
- Mash potatoes, stir in pepper and milk a little at a time, add in cheese
- Cook until cheese has melted, add milk depending on how thick you want the soup
- Top with bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese if desired
- Slow cooker
- Hamburger Mix and Chop
- Immersion Blender
Recipe originally shared on November 5, 2013. Updated on May 28, 2020.