I have to make another confession….I have always wanted to make home made tomato sauce but I have been so scared I would mess it up. It is so easy to buy jarred tomato sauce that I kept putting off making it until today! I am so excited to share Gwyneth Paltrow’s Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe with everyone. The Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe is found in her It’s All Good cookbook.
G0-To Tomato Sauce Recipe
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 large fresh basil leaves
2 28oz cans of whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan on low heat
2. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to make sure garlic does not burn
3. Add 2 of the basil leaves and stir for 1 minute
4. Add in both cans of tomatoes with their juices and remaining basil leaves
5. Turn to high and bring to a boil
6. Lower heat and allow sauce to simmer for 45 minutes
7. Stir occasionally and crush tomatoes with a wooden spoon
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Great recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow! This Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- two 28 oz cans of whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat
Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes
Add 2 of the basil leaves and stir for 1 minute
Add the tomatoes with their juices and the 2 remaining basil leaves
Turn the heat to high
Bring the sauce to a boil, turn the heat to low and season with salt and pepper
Let the sauce bubble for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
A huge thank you to Gwyneth Paltrow for giving us a copy of her amazing cookbook It’s All Good!