I have to make another confession…I have always wanted to make homemade tomato sauce but I have been so scared I would mess it up. It is so easy to buy jarred tomato sauce that I kept putting off making it until today! I am so excited to share Gwyneth Paltrow’s Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe with everyone. The Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe is found in her It’s All Good cookbook.
G0-To Tomato Sauce Recipe
When I started this website I never would have imagined having the opportunity to interview major Hollywood Stars and be able to attend movie premieres. Total bucket list moments I never even dreamed were possible.
Gwyneth Paltrow was really sweet and kind during our interview. I was so nervous wondering how it would go but she was truly so sweet.
You can use this tomato sauce recipe with any of your favorite pasta. This recipe smells so good while it is cooking.
If you have always been worried about making homemade tomato sauce you don’t have to worry! This recipe is honestly so easy to make!
You just need basic pantry staples and a few minutes to get it started.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh basil leaves
- Whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Gwyneth Paltrow’s Go-To Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves large
- 56 oz Whole peeled tomatoes with their juice
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes
- Add 2 of the basil leaves and stir for 1 minute
- Add the tomatoes with their juices and the 2 remaining basil leaves
- Turn the heat to high
- Bring the sauce to a boil, turn the heat to low and season with salt and pepper
- Let the sauce bubble for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
A huge thank you to Gwyneth Paltrow for giving us a copy of her amazing cookbook It’s All Good!