My dear and amazing Husband loves spicy things. He is happy anytime I add extra spice to recipes. I thought these Spicy Southwest Biscuits would be a great way to add some spice to dinner and surprise him.
I normally make wheat breads or biscuits for dinner. This was the first time I have added spice to bread and definitely not the last. While we were staying in Kalispell at the Red Lion the manager introduced us to a local bakery who had spicy rolls. They made theirs with spicy seasoning, black beans and a few other ingredients I am still trying to figure out. These Spicy Southwest Biscuits are my first attempt at recreating the spicy rolls we had in Kalispell.
This recipe makes quite a few Southwest Biscuits. They did not last very long in our house. John enjoyed them the next day for lunch and a snack.
Southwest Biscuit Recipe
3 ½ cups pancake mix
1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
1 can spicy Rotel Tomatoes mix
1 cup milk
1 cup grated mexican blend cheese
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
1. Combine pancake mix and taco seasoning, stir in Rotel and milk.
2. Fold in the cheese
3. Use a spoon to drop balls of dough onto baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray
4. Bake for 11-14 minutes
Spicy Southwest Biscuits RecipePrint Rate
- 3 ½ cups pancake mix
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1 can spicy Rotel Tomatoes mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated mexican blend cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine pancake mix and taco seasoning, stir in Rotel and milk
- Fold in the cheese
- Use a spoon to drop balls of dough onto baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray
- Bake for 11-14 minutes