This three-ingredient Beer Bread Recipe is fantastic! Seriously, how can you go wrong with a loaf of bread with only three ingredients?
And they are not even crazy ingredients you have to search for. They are pantry staples! This easy beer bread recipe is one of our favorite delicious recipes.
3 Ingredient Beer Bread
This beer bread only lasts for a short time when I make it. It is so easy to make that it has become a staple in our house. We keep all the ingredients on hand to make it any day. It is so quick and easy to whip up in a few minutes.
As crazy as life is right now with everything happening worldwide, I love knowing that we can always have fresh bread on the day we want.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make an epic 3 Ingredient Beer Bread! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
Optional add ins - garlic powder, cheddar cheese, chives, jalapenos, herbs and spices, rosemary, thyme, garlic salt.
- Large Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
- Bread Loaf Pan - We love making multiple loaves of bread at the same time.
- Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
- Bread Knife - The teeth on the wavy edge of the knife's blade easily slice through foods' crust or skin without tearing the soft inside. Ideal for slicing bread, angel food cake, meatloaf, fruits, and tomatoes
How to Make 3 Ingredient Beer Bread
I've included complete instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
- Stir the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake in the oven until golden brown
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead: While you can rest your Bisquick Beer Bread dough in the fridge for an hour or two before baking, it’s best to make it to order.
Storage: After waiting for the bread to cool, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store it at room temperature in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to two days.
Freezing/How to Freeze: Leftovers wrapped in foil or plastic and stored in an airtight, freezer-safe container or bag will remain good in the freezer for up to three months.
How to Reheat: Thaw any leftover Beer Bread at room temperature until sliceable.
Substitutions: We used Heineken in this recipe, but you can use different beer flavors to get new tastes each time.
Try making this beer bread with dark beer, light beer, an IPA, Miller Lite, or your favorite local micro-brew.
You can also substitute brown sugar instead of white sugar if you prefer warmer-flavored beer bread.
Add in shredded cheese to make cheddar beer bread.
Brush on melted butter after baking for more flavor.
Vegetarian Option + Vegan Option: Plant-based eaters rejoice - this three-ingredient Beer Bread recipe is vegetarian and vegan-friendly!
Gluten-Free: This recipe is gluten-free if you use Bisquick’s Gluten-Free mix and gluten-free beer.
Alcohol-Free Option: Use a non-alcoholic beer to make this recipe alcohol-free.
Smaller Serving Size + Larger Group/More Servings: The written recipe yields 12 servings. Scale it down for a smaller loaf, and double it per extra loaf you want to bake.
Make it Spicy: You can go sweet or savory to add spice to this Beer Bread. Add pumpkin pie spice to the bread dough for a fall beer bread that oozes the taste of the season in every slice, or add jalapeños as we did in our Bacon Jalapeño Bread to make it savory.-
Sugar-Free: The written recipe contains 8 grams of sugar per serving. Use a sugar-free sugar alternative to lower the sugar content. Bisquick has no sugar-free variety, but you can use their Heart Smart mix to decrease the sugar content further.
Tips for the Best 3 Ingredient Beer Bread
- Grease your bread pan so the bread dough does not stick. This step is essential, even if you have a non-stick pan, since it preserves the surface of your bread pan.
- You can use a handheld mixer or easily mix this with a wooden spoon. Just scrape the sides to get all the dry bits into the mix.
- Let cool before slicing.
- That's it! You now have a fresh loaf of bread that tastes and smells fantastic! Woohoo!
- This bread tastes great with some butter or honey drizzled over it.
What to Serve with 3 Ingredient Beer Bread
This three-ingredient Beer Bread would be an excellent part of a fall or winter comfort food meal featuring soup or chili, but it’s versatile enough to add to your family’s year-round rotation! Here are other menu planning suggestions to keep you warm and cozy.
When to Serve
- Family and Friend Gatherings
Delicious Recipe Collections
3 Ingredient Beer Bread Recipe
- Mix ingredients together
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 50 minutes at 325 degrees
Recipe originally shared on January 23, 2014. Updated on April 19, 2020