We have been sharing a ton of cupcake recipes on Saturdays which I love. I figured today I would share a quick and easy cherry frosting recipe.
Cherry Frosting Recipe
This frosting is the perfect way to jazz up a cupcake or sweet treat! So easy to make and tastes delicious!
For a super quick and easy recipe. Whip up some chocolate cupcakes, top with this Cherry Frosting Recipe and add a maraschino cherry to the top. Quick and easy chocolate cherry cupcakes!
- Unsalted butter (room temp)
- Powdered sugar
- Maraschino cherry juice
Great Dessert Recipes
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter room temp
- 4-5 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tablespoon Maraschino cherry juice
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed until stiff and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups of sugar, one at a time.
- Scrape the sides to get all of the sugar.
- Now add the cherry juice
- In addition to the cherry juice add the last cup of sugar.
- Beat until smooth
Recipe originally shared on December 6, 2015. Updated October 2020.
This looks really good. We are always looking for new frosting ideas. I really lean towards making my own as the box mixes don't taste very well.