Have you ever made a cake in your crockpot? I love making cakes in our crockpot to help not heating up the house during the summer. We live in a house that likes to retain heat and get really hot. This is nice in the winter but come Spring and Summer it gets a bit too much. This Crock Pot Chocolate Strawberry Cake Recipe tastes so good and you don't have to worry about heating up your house.
Crock Pot Chocolate Strawberry Cake Recipe
Plus you can set it up, walk away and come back to a delicious dessert! hello yum!
This Slow Cooker Crock Pot Chocolate Cake with Strawberries would be perfect for Valentine's Day at home!
I love that this chocolate cake with strawberries inside is so easy to make! You would never think it is made with a boxed cake mix once you try it! It is also amazing that the slow cooker does all the work and all you have to do is wait patiently for it to cook. Which is really hard once you start smelling the chocolate goodness. Don't worry it is well worth the wait!
Ingredients needed for a Crock Pot Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- Honey (or sugar)
If you love Slow Cooker Recipes you may love these:
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- Ingredients needed for cake mix
- ¼ Cup Honey or sugar
- 1 Cup Strawberries diced
- ⅛ Cup Water
- Prepare the cake batter according to the box directions
- Line the slow cooker bowl with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick spray
- Pour the cake batter into the bowl. Scatter the diced strawberries over the top (strawberries will sink eventually). Cook on high for approximately 1.5 – 2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Take the lid off the cooker and let sit with the heat off for approximately 15 minutes
- Remove the cake by the parchment carefully, and let cool completely
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine the honey, strawberries and water together.
- Bring to a boil and let the strawberries break down and the water reduce.
- When broken down, remove from the heat and let cool
- When serving, spoon some of the strawberry sauce over top the cake and enjoy!