Warm up with Crock Pot Hot Buttered Rum! It has been so cold in Spokane and I am already dreaming of spring and warmer weather. I know it isn’t even Christmas yet but I can’t help myself. To distract myself from the cold weather I have been making a ton of crockpot recipes and playing with new recipes for 2019! I am so excited to share them with you soon! But first we have to talk about this Hot Buttered Rum Crock Pot Recipe!
I love how easy it is to make and serve for a holiday party or a cold winter day. You can make the hot buttered rum batter a week or two ahead of your party and store it in the fridge. This is a great way to prep early and have it ready when you need it. It will also store in the freezer if you want to make a big batch and have it throughout the entire winter.
I know it doesn’t make the snow and cold temperatures go away but…
It does warm you up a bit.
Don’t miss these other great hot drinks made in the crockpot. I just low how easy the slow cooker makes it to serve hot drinks at a party. Let’s be honest I just love the slow cooker in general. LOL!
So many great recipes that are perfect for winter.
This easy holiday mule recipe is perfect for holiday parties!
Crock Pot Hot Buttered Rum
Hot Buttered Rum Ingredients
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cup dark rum
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 48oz bottles of apple cider or apple juice
How to make Hot Buttered Rum
1. Beat together butter, sugar, rum, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until smooth.
2. Transfer to an airtight container and store. (2 weeks in the fridge, 6 months in the freezer)
3. Place 1/2 cup butter mixture and the 2 bottles of cider in the crock pot
4. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
5. Stir before serving
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
Hot Buttered Rum
- Beat together butter, sugar, rum, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and cloves until smooth.
- Transfer to a airtight container and store. (2 weeks in the fridge, 6 months in the freezer)
- Place 1/2 cup butter mixture and the 2 bottles of cider in the crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- Stir before serving