These Lemon Butter Cookies are so dang delicious! You may just want to make a double batch because they are going to disappear quickly
Lemon Butter Cookies Recipe
A few months ago we had the opportunity to take a half-day cooking class at Erna Elderberry House in Oakhurst, California as part of our year-long partnership with Yosemite Madera County. You can imagine my glee when we found out we were taking a sweet Treats Hors d'Oeuvres class.
My brain instantly jumped to all of the yummy goodness we could make! To say I was excited is quite an understatement.
The Sweet Treats Class is what dreams are made of! I spend a lot of time baking and cooking for the blog but I am 100% self-taught. Being able to take cooking classes is my favorite way to pick up new tips and tricks for the kitchen.
Pastry chef Dylan Mellela spent the morning teaching us not only epic recipes but great tips for how to make them. I can't wait to share all of the recipes we learned to make including Thumbprint Cookies and the Cinnamon Apple Tarts. HELLO YUM!
Erna's Elderberry House is part of the Estate by the Elderberries which also includes the gorgeous Chateau du Sureau. The Chateau is 5-star lodging near Yosemite.
These Lemon Butter Cookies sound a lot harder to make than they are! The recipe is from scratch but it is super easy to follow.
What you will need to make Lemon Butter Cookies
- Butter - Room Temperature
- Cream Cheese
- 2-3 Lemons (You will want a zester and a lemon juicer to make life a lot easier)
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Powdered Sugar
Equipment Needed to make Lemon Butter Cookies
Electric Mixer - I love my KitchenAid Mixer.
Cookie Rack to cool the cookies
Great Lemon Recipes
If you are like me and have a ton of lemons in your house here are some great recipes.
I am so jealous when I hear from friends who have lemon trees in their yards. That would be amazing. I end up buying the huge Costco bags of lemons.
Check out our 60+ Cream Cheese Recipes to try.
Easy Lemon Butter Cookies
- Cream the Butter, Cream Cheese, Lemon Zest and Sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix for 2 minutes
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and sift together. Add all the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix on slow speed until just combined.
- Chill the dough overnight or a minimum of 1 hour
- Roll the dough in even balls in powdered sugar
- Place the balls on a tray about 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 12 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.