Nutella Banana Bread is a delicious update to classic banana bread. Nutella is swirled through this banana bread so you get chocolate-hazelnut goodness with every bite. This is the perfect way to use ripe bananas.
Nutella Banana Bread
My lovely husband told that we should try mixing Nutella into my favorite classic banana bread. I was a bit skeptical of Nutella Banana Bread but I decided to try it out and see how it worked.
This recipe is really easy to make. If you have a Nutella fan in your house this is well worth trying. Adding the Nutella to the banana bread definitely makes it rich with flavor.
You get the great comfort of a homebaked loaf of banana bread but with a bit of a chocolate hazelnut surprise swirled into it. Hello yum!
If you want to be super decadent you can add in chocolate chips to really take this recipe to a whole new level. You could even try peanut butter instead of Nutella if you want to make Elvis Banana Bread.
There are so many great adaptations that can be made to a classic banana bread recipe.
Next time I make this I will pour half of the batter into the bread pan and swirl with Nutella and then repeat with the rest of the ingredients. This will help spread the Nutella through the entire loaf of banana bread.
We normally eat this on its own. You can add butter to it but it is really rich and decadent on its own. It pairs fantastically with a hot cup of coffee to start the day.
Great Nutella Recipes
If you love Nutella I hope that you love all of these recipes. It is one of our favorite ingredients to cook with.
You can even make fun Nutella Slime!
This is a great fun twist on a classic banana bread recipe. So perfect for anyone who loves Nutella!
KitchenAid Mixer or mixing bowl – It is up to you if you want to hand mix this bread recipe or use a mixer.
Bread Pan – You want to make sure the bread pan is greased.
Wire Rack- Make sure you have a place for the bread to evenly cool before you cut into it.
Nutella Banana Bread
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, salt. (I whisked them together to make sure everything was evenly distributed)
- In your stand mixer bowl cream together butter and sugar
- Add in eggs and continue to mix
- Add in banana, vanilla, and milk
- Slowly add in flour mixture until it is completely incorporated.
- In a microwave-safe bowl microwave Nutella in 30-second intervals until melted
- Grease your bread pan
- Pour banana batter into the pan, I added the nutella mixture in segments and used the spatula to swirl it into the mix
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and 20 minutes. I started checking my bread at an hour and it was done at an hour and 20.
Recipe originally shared April 2, 2013, updated March 22, 2020