Pumpkin and Nutella combined in delicious bars how can you go wrong! This Pumpkin Nutella Bar Recipe is simply divine! Yummy, gooey, sweet, deliciousness that is perfect for Fall!
Pumpkin Nutella Bars Recipe
This time of year I love making sweet treats with pumpkin. Nutella is a favorite year-round in our house.
We use Nutella all the time and have to buy the Costco size container because we love it so much.
We are working on a ton of Halloween and Fall recipes right now. Our kitchen looks a bit crazy with candy eyes, pumpkin cans, and baking dishes all over the place but I am excited to share new recipes soon.
Do you have a favorite Fall or Halloween recipe you make every year?
- Unsalted butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Dark brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolk
- Baking soda
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Ground allspice
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
Large Mixing Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
Parchment Paper - I love that I can use parchment paper to help make it easier to remove the Pumpkin Nutella Bars. They also make clean-up a breeze. If you are not using parchment paper you will want to spray non-stick cooking spray on your baking sheet to help the cookies not stick.
Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
Epic Nutella Recipes
Great Pumpkin Recipes
Check out all of our Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Nutella Bars Recipe
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter melted
- ⅓ cup Pumpkin Puree/Canned Pumpkin
- ¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolks
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a small brownie pan or baking dish with a small amount of oil
- Place melted butter, pumpkin, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. You can also use a hand mixer. Mix all together until smooth, about 30 seconds. Mix in egg yolk, baking soda, salt, spices, and vanilla. Mix in flour until batter is smooth.
- Press half the batter mixture in the bottom of the pan. Just enough so it makes a think layer that covers the pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place Nutella in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for just a few seconds until pourable. Pour evenly over the top of the partially baked crust. Spread it carefully so it doesn’t rip the cookie bars. Scoop tablespoons of batter over the top and carefully spread with your fingers. It won’t be a smooth layer but will mostly cover.
- Bake an additional 17-20 minutes until the top is no longer glossy and the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
Recipe originally shared on September 20, 2015. Updated October 2020