Slow Cooker Crock Pot Refried Bean Recipe
Crock Pot Refried Bean Recipe
Ingredients needed to make refried beans in the crock pot
How to make refried beans in the crock pot
2. Pour in the water and stir to combine.
3. Cook on High for 8 hours, adding more water as needed.
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
Crock Pot Refried Beans recipe
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 3 cups dry pinto beans rinsed
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin optional
- 9 cups water
- Place the onion, rinsed beans, jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin in a slow cooker.
- Pour in the water and stir to combine.
- Cook on High for 8 hours, adding more water as needed.
- Note: if more than 1 cup of water has evaporated during cooking, then the temperature is too high.
- Once the beans have cooked, strain them, and reserve the liquid. Mash the beans with a potato masher, adding the reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.