Crockpot Refried Bean Recipe
- Dry pinto beans
- Jalapeno pepper
- Minced garlic
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Ground cumin - optional
Crock Pot Refried Beans recipe
- Place the onion, rinsed beans, jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin in a slow cooker.
- Pour in the water and stir to combine.
- Cook on High for 8 hours, adding more water as needed.
- Note: if more than 1 cup of water has evaporated during cooking, then the temperature is too high.
- Once the beans have cooked, strain them, and reserve the liquid. Mash the beans with a potato masher, adding the reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.