YUM! Today we are sharing a gorgeous Easy Sweet Bread Rolls Recipe that is oh so delicious!
One of my favorite things about visiting Hawaii is the sweet bread. There is a bakery in South Kohala on the Big Island that I will drive a couple of hours to get to just to enjoy their sweet bread and lilikoi malasadas. They are one of my favorite things on every trip.
I am so excited to share a sweet bread recipe that we can make at home!
Sweet Bread Recipe
Check out this Lemon Butter Recipe that you can pair with this Sweet Bread Recipe to make it even more amazing if that is possible!
These would taste great with leftover crockpot ham from Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. You can easily make up small sandwiches that are great for lunch or snacks.
I like to pre-made up breakfast sandwiches and keep them in the freezer so we can easily grab a breakfast roll on our way out of the house.
Ingredients needed to make Hawaiian Sweet Rolls Recipe
- All-Purpose Flour
- Vegetable Oil or Applesauce
Great Bread Recipes
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Sweet Bread Recipe
- 1 Cup Milk
- ⅓ Cup White Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour plus some for kneading
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil or Applesauce
- In a small saucepan on the stove top, heat the milk, sugar, and butter together until warm, do not over heat. Let the mixture cool for several minutes until it’s lukewarm, pour into a small bowl and stir gently with the yeast. Set the bowl aside for a few minutes to let the yeast activate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Stir in the yeast mixture.
- Mix the dough until everything is combined. Sprinkle flour on a clean countertop and knead the dough for several minutes. Place the dough in a warm area (either back in the bowl or on the countertop) and cover with a clean towel. Let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Grease a baking pan and shape the dough into bun sized rolls. Place on the pan. You could also place the dough into a loaf pan or several mini loaf pans for a variation.
- Place the baking pan with the rolls into the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rolls are slightly brown on the top. Remove from the oven and coat the tops of the rolls (or bread) with butter.
Originally shared August 2, 2015, updated January 2021.
I love baking bread, and these look amazingly soft and delicious, would love to try your recipe.
Oh I am so going to make this recipe for my kids, they love Hawaiian bread. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. I'll be sure to let you know how it turned out.
This looks so good. My girls have been very interested in cooking lately. So, I think I will make this with them.
This bread sounds pretty good. I love making home bread. I want to try this this weekend.
Those Sweet bread buns look delicious! I love that I have all those ingredients at home right now. I need to try this!
OOOHHH there's nothing better than a sweet roll with butter. I love it at any meal!!