One of our favorite new bars and dining venues on the Carnival Horizon is the Guy Fieri Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse|Brewhouse. This was our go-to place to relax and enjoy a delicious barbecue and cocktails during our Carnival Horizon Cruise. I had to drag John out of the restaurant he enjoyed the barbecue so much! He kept telling me it was his due diligence to taste everything on the menu. I think he was just enjoying all of the delicious barbecue he possibly could. One of John's favorite cocktails was this Bacon Manhattan Cocktail Recipe! I mean seriously you can't go wrong when a cocktail has bacon included in it!
Bacon Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
The great thing about the new Pig & Anchor Smokehouse is you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner and try different food options every time. For lunch, there is a smokehouse set up on the deck outside the restaurant. You can not miss the smell of the barbecue as you walk around the ship.
Make sure and watch the Carnival Hub App for the hours that lunch is being served. There will most likely be a line especially later in the week as other guests realize how great the barbecue is. The lunch menu is free and you can indulge in all the barbecue you want. There is seating inside the restaurant or outside soaking up the sunshine.
John said that the Championship Pork Butt and Smoked Andouille Sausage were his favorites. He mentioned wanting to go to the smokehouse daily for lunch while we were on the Carnival Horizon. I told him there were so many restaurants to check out that he would have to spread out his visits. LOL!
Don't worry John made sure and visited the Pig & Anchor for dinner a couple of times. He was in love with the barbecue menu! Check out the Dragon Chili Cheese Fries loaded with Smoked Beef Brisket, pork sausage, crispy hand-cut fries, cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon, and sour cream all for $4! It was a meal in and of itself.
John's favorite was the 18-hour beef brisket platter served with corn, relish, and cornbread. He told me daily how great it was and how we might need to get a smoker for the house so he could try to make it at home.
For dessert, the apple cobbler was so good! If you want to try a liquid dessert you can always order a Pig & Anchor Whiskey sampler!
If beer is more your thing don't worry you are in the right spot! The Pig & Anchor is home to the Carnival Horizons brewery at sea! Colin the Beer Admiral brews four new beers along with a seasonal limited release right on the ship.
You can check out the brewery and take a beer tour during sea days during your cruise. Make sure and sign up early because the brewery tours are really popular!
The names of the beers – whose names are playful takes on the line’s popular ThirstyFrog brews that debuted on Carnival Vista – are inspired by the varied barbecue offerings at Smokehouse|Brewhouse. The four new beers on Carnival Horizon include:
- ParchedPig Smoked Porter – brewed with in-house smoked malt, this robust, full-bodied beer offers big and bold flavors and notes of molasses and hickory smoke, providing the perfect complement to Smokehouse|Brewhouse’s BBQ favorites
- ParchedPig Farmhouse Ale – this lightly hopped beer is distinguished by its blond color, fruity and complex character with mild spice notes that balance the brew’s dry finish
- ParchedPig Toasted Amber Ale – highlighted by its rich amber color and notes of toasted caramel and biscuit, this beer is well balanced, smooth, and highly drinkable
- ParchedPig West Coast IPA – the embodiment of a traditional West Coast India Pale Ale, this hoppy, intense beer is loaded with bitterness with a bright flavor profile and distinctive aroma of citrus and pine
Ingredients to make a Bacon Manhattan
- Bacon infused whiskey
- Sweet vermouth
Garnish with Bacon strip
Great Cocktail Recipes
Check out all of our Cocktail Recipe
Bacon Manhattan Cocktail
- 2 oz Bacon infused whiskey
- 1.5 oz sweet vermouth
- Angostura bitters a couple of drops
- Bacon Garnish
- Combine the bacon-infused whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters in a shaker
- Shake and strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with a strip of well-cooked bacon
Recipe originally shared on August 24, 2018. Updated January 2021
We have to send a huge thank you to Carnival Cruise Line for hosting us on the Carnival Horizon!