Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants to go to!! This Copy Cat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup Recipe is the perfect recipe for a chilly winter evening.
The weather in Spokane is turning cold, snowy which means it is the perfect time to curl up with a hot bowl of soup and just stay inside. As much as we love eating out I don't love dealing with winter roads.
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
- Italian Sausage
- Olive Oil
- Celery Stalks
- Medium Yellow Onion
- Chicken Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flake
- Ditalini pasta
- Cannellini Beans - White Kidney Beans
- Red Kidney Beans
Great Copycat Recipes
Check out all of the Olive Garden Recipes we have shared
Copy Cat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup Recipe
- 1 lbs. Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Celery Stalks cleaned and ¼ inch dice
- 2 Carrots peeled and ¼ inch dice
- 1 Yellow Onion Medium, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 28 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flake
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 oz. Ditalini pasta Uncooked
- 15.5 oz Cannellini Beans White Kidney Beans, drained not rinsed
- 15.5 oz Red Kidney Beans drained not rinsed
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat brown the sausage, breaking it up into as small of pieces as you can. Drain and set aside.
- Return the Dutch oven to the heat. Add the Olive oil, Celery, Carrots and Onion. Cook until the onion starts to turn translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Garlic and cook another minute.
- Add 1 can Chicken Broth, Water, Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Parsley, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flake and salt bring to boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add in the Pasta and cook until Al dente, 10-15 minutes.
- Add additional chicken broth as necessary to maintain desired liquid level.
- Add the Cannellini and Kidney beans and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe originally shared on January 8, 2015. Updated October 2020.