I am really excited to share with you this recipe for Crock-Pot Southwest Chicken Dinner.
Crock Pot Southwest Chicken Dinner
I love cooking in the Crock Pot. It makes dinner so easy and quick to prepare. John loves anything spicy and southwest flavored. I knew instantly what I wanted to do with the chicken. I love how bright and vibrant all of the vegetables are in this recipe.
Serve over Spanish Rice or shred and use in tacos.
The Tyson Southwest Pepper Trio Seasoned Chicken Breast may not be available in your stores. We first made this recipe back in 2013 and since then the chicken is not produced. We switched to using chicken breast or another seasoned chicken breast.
1. Rinse and drain black beans, drain Rotel
3. Add Black Beans, Rotel, and Mexi-Corn to the bottom of your crockpot
Stir ingredients together so they are well combined
4. Place Tyson Southwest Pepper Trio on top of the ingredients.
5. Cook for 6 hours on low
6. Serve and enjoy
The chicken will be flaky and taste great over the vegetables. I served the mixture over a bed of Spanish rice.
As I went to take a picture of the Tyson Southwest Pepper Trio Chicken in the crockpot I realized that John could not wait for me to take a picture and had to try a chunk of the chicken. He said coming home to the amazing smells of the chicken cooking was making him starving.
Top Crock Pot Recipes
Crock Pot Southwest Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 cans Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis Drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can mexi-corn
- Rinse and drain black beans
- Drain Rotel
- Add Black Beans, Rotel and Mexi-Corn to the bottom of your crock pot
- Stir ingredients together so they are well combined
- Place chicken breast on top of the ingredients.
- Cook for 6 hours on low
Recipe originally shared on April 8, 2013. Updated December 2020