Yum! Yum! Yum! This crockpot Vegetable Chili Recipe is so dang good! Filled with yummy goodness it is so filling and easy to make!
The hardest part of this recipe is chopping up the onions and celery. Outside of that this recipe is pretty much a dump it all in, give it a swirl with a spoon and it is ready to go kind of recipe.
Which you all know I love! The easier the recipe and the faster dinner is started the happier I am. Now if only I could find a way to chop onions without crying. One of our Facebook readers suggested goggles. I may have to try this out. I am sure right when I put on the goggles is when the UPS or Fed Ex delivery person is going to knock on the door. At least the goggles have to be better than opening the door with tears running down my face and red eyes.
Crock Pot Vegetable Chili Recipe
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
1 tsp salt
1 can diced tomatoes with juice, 14oz
2 cups canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cilantro, chopped coarsely
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cups corn
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1. Cook onions and celery over medium heat in a skillet until softened. Add in garlic, oregano, and salt. Cook for 1 minute
2. Add in tomatoes with juice and bring a boil, transfer to crockpot
3. Add beans to crockpot.
4. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours
5. Add in cilantro, corn and green pepper and stir, cook on high for 20 minutes
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice 14oz
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cilantro chopped coarsley
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups corn
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- Cook onions and celery over medium heat in a skillet until softened. Add in garlic, oregano, and salt. Cook for 1 minute
- Add in tomatoes with juice and bring a boil, transfer to crock pot
- Add beans to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours
- Add in cilantro, corn and green pepper and stir, cook on high for 20 minutes