I know it won’t surprise you how much I love using the crock pot to make DIY gifts for the holidays, and as many meals as possible. Did you know that we have over 200 Crock Pot Recipes on the website right now. I have to admit I surprised myself when I counted them. I knew we had a lot but wow over 200!
This makes me so happy! I love anything to do with the slow cooker and making life just a little bit easier.
These crock pot sweet and spicy nuts are so good and so easy to make…so pretty much perfection on a cold winter day! 🙂
Do you have any DIY gifts you love to make each year? I would love to hear about them. I am always looking for new gift ideas.
Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Nuts
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
3 cups pecan halves
2 cups almonds
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Rub the inside of the slow cooker with butter
2. Add in pecans and almonds
3. Drizzle with maple syrup, stir to coat well
4. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne
5. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, uncover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stir every 30 minutes
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes