Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe

I think I may have become wife of the year in Johns eyes with this Crock Pot Corned Beef recipe. I do have to say that hopefully I hold that title every day.

I can not count the number of times John told me this is his favorite recipe I have ever made. After each bite he kept telling me how much he loved it. Even the next day eating left overs he told me how much he loved the Crock Pot Corned Beef.  John’s Mom was over for our Slow Cooker Saturday Lunch and said she loved it. Yes we have a regular Slow Cooker Saturday lunch at our house. We invite John’s Mom over and they get to try whatever recipe I am making for the weekend in the Crock-Pot

Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

Ingredients
10 Baby red potatoes, quartered
1 onion, peeled cut into pieces
4 cups of water
4 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
6 ounces of beer (we used an IPA but you can use your favorite beer)
1/2 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped

Directions
1. Place onions and potatoes in the bottom of the Crock-Pot
2. Pour in water and place brisket on top
3. Pour beer over brisket, It is about a half a can so enjoy the 2nd half as you cook
4. Sprinkle brisket with spices set Crock Pot on high
5. Cook 8 hours on high, 1 hour before serving stir in cabbage pieces and recover crock pot

We have a ton of Crock Pot recipes on the blog. You can see all of them in our Crock Pot Recipe Section . This is one of our favorite recipes to make. Everyone loves this Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. It is so easy to make and tastes amazing!

Top 10 Crock Pot Recipes

1. Crock Pot Monkey Bread

2. Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole

3. Crock Pot Ham

4. Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

5. Crock Pot Spicy Buffalo Ranch Chicken

6. Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

7. Crock Pot Spicy Barbecue Kielbasa

8. Crock Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa

9. Crock Pot Apple Crisp

10. Crock Pot Cajun Boiled Peanuts

You can find all of the recipes we have shared in our recipe section. We love making Crock Pot Recipes, Copy Cat Recipes, and so many more!

5.0 from 3 reviews
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Entree
Ingredients
  • 10 Baby red potatoes, quartered
  • 1 onion, peeled cut into pieces
  • 4 cups of water
  • 4 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
  • 6 ounces of beer (we used an IPA but you can use your favorite beer)
  • ½ head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
Instructions
  1. Place onions and potatoes in the bottom of the Crock-Pot
  2. Pour in water and place brisket on top
  4. Sprinkle brisket with spices set Crock Pot on high

Follow Tammilee Tips’s board Tammilee Tips Recipes on Pinterest.

Comments

1. Carolyn says

How do you deal with all the fat? Seems like your veggies would be full of grease. If you trim all the fat from the corned beef, you lose flavor and tenderness, but maybe being in the crock pot for 8 hours would make the beef tender?

2. Sarah says

Hello!

I am very excited to try this and maybe I am just a newbie – but what’s in the spice packet that you use? Does that come with the brisket? Or can you just use spices that are at home already? Also, I’ve never cooked with beer before, can you offer any specific suggestions?

Thanks!

• Tammilee says

Hi Sarah, The spice packet should come with the corned beef. Most of them will say on the packaging that the spice packet is included. Cooking with beer is super easy. just pour it in and you are done. Just like adding a regular liquid.
      Tammilee recently posted..Guinness Chocolate BallsMy Profile

3. Jackie says

This looks so easy and delishious, but you would think that the corned beef would be too tender and maybe fall apart? Is this so?

4. Emily says

Your recipe looks great and I love the addition of the beer! I am questioning the slow cooker setting though…should it read cook on LOW for 8 hours instead of cook on HIGH for 8 hours? All the other recipes I have seen or use for big cuts of beef are to cook on low. I have tried cooking on high before with beef and it came out awful, so tough!

5. Danielle Maynard says

This recipe was amazing!! I made a double batch and brought it to work. Several of my co-workers have never even heard of it before. It was a huge hit! I have one question though. What’s the serving size for this recipe? I am tracking my calories on my fitness pal and needed to input that tidbit of info. (I know I’m going to have to hit the gym really hard today but it was sooo worth it.) Thanks so much!!!!!

Danielle Maynard recently posted..Spring Cleaning and Odor Elimination with Litter Genie My Profile

6. Monica Capers says

This Turned Out Really Good. My Husband Loved It! It Was Very Simple To Make And My Husband Is Raving About It. Thanks So Much!

Trackbacks