Easy Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Tostadas Recipe! The slow cooker crock pot does all the work and you get a great family dinner. Now that the weather is getting hotter I am doing everything I possibly can to not use the stove/oven. The last thing I want is to help the house heat up any hotter. That means our crock pot slow cooker is getting a big workout right now! Woohoo! More Crock Pot Recipes are coming your way. I recently made the goal of sharing a minimum of 1 new crock pot recipe every week until the end of the year.
I just love that I can start this crockpot chicken tostada recipe in the morning or at lunch and dinner is ready when we are. Plus the house smells so good while this is cooking!
Do you ever feel like patting yourself on the back for making a killer family meal and not stressing over standing at the oven? I feel like there should be some type of gold star award for making dinner and not heating the house up.
This would pair great with this Cilantro Lime Rice.
I also love making this Crock Pot Tequila Chicken Recipe in the summer. Pair it with a great margarita and it is perfect for dining outside and soaking up the evening summer weather.
You could also make this Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe is you are looking for a totally different option. Chicken is just so versatile in the crock pot.
Oh wait you could also make this Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe! If you love chicken recipes check out these Sweet and Spicy Chicken Skewers perfect for summer barbecues! Can you tell I am all in for any recipe that doesn't use the stove right now and heat up the house.
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Tostadas Recipe
INGREDIENTS needed to make Crock Pot Chicken Tostadas
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Tostadas Recipe
- ½ large jalapeño chile seeded, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 tostada shells
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup Chunky salsa
- Sour cream if desired
- Mix jalapeño chile, garlic, chili powder, oil, lime juice and salt in 1 ½-quart slow cooker. Add chicken; coat with oil mixture.
- Cover; cook 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred chicken, using 2 forks. Return chicken to cooker and mix well. Using slotted spoon to remove chicken mixture from cooker, place ⅓ cup chicken mixture on each tostada shell. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.