I can't believe it is already day 21 of our Holiday Cookies and Treats! Today we are wishing everyone a Mele Kalikimaka with Easy Macadamia Nut Cookies!
Easy Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
I would be seriously remiss if I did not include a little Aloha in my holiday cookies. The Hawaiian Islands are a huge part of my life and a place I hope to retire too at some point.
This year we missed our family trip to Hawaii for a variety of reasons and I have to say I am missing the Aloha spirit and sunshine right now. My parents have been tormenting us with photos of the beach, City of Refuge, and tropical beverages...Just plain evil of them if I do say so myself.
I decided to bring the Aloha spirit into the house by baking with seriously yummy Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs! It doesn't get much better than biting into a Hawaiian Host chocolate treat.
I had to hide the box from John because he LOVES Hawaiian Host Chocolates. I don't want to give my hiding spot away in case he reads this post but let me tell you it is a process to keep these chocolates away from my Husband.
I actually made the cookies while he was at work because I didn't think there would be enough Hawaiian Host chocolates to make it in the dough if he was home.
- Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs
- Light Brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
When you want to showcase the ingredients you have added to your cookies make sure roll the cookie dough in a few extra ingredients or if you are using a cookie scoop add the ingredients inside the scoop before you put the dough in.
This will help to ensure that your special ingredients can be seen. Plus it makes your cookies look chunky and yummy with Hawaiian Host Chocolate AlohaMacs!
Make sure to check back each morning for a new holiday cookie and treat recipe!
Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat, then add vanilla extract.
- Mix flour, salt and soda, and add gradually to butter mixture.
- Fold in Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate pieces.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then place on wire rack to cool
Recipe originally shared on December 19, 2013. Updated September 2020