I know you are thinking that it is May and I have lost my mind sharing this Crockpot Pumpkin Soup Recipe. That it is no longer pumpkin spice latte season and pumpkin is out. Trust me I get it!
Crockpot Pumpkin Soup Recipe
I made this Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup Recipe for John's grandmother since she loves anything pumpkin. I figured since I had it made and ready I might as well photograph it and share it. Because maybe there are other people out there that love pumpkin soup in the Spring.
If you only love pumpkin soup in the Fall feel free to pin this canned pumpkin recipe now and walk away until the leaves are changing and the summer sun has faded. My feelings won't be hurt. I truly understand that some things have seasons and pumpkin soup may be one of those things.
If you are someone who loves pumpkin any day of the year then this recipe is perfect for you today! It is super easy to make and tastes amazing!
This Crockpot Pumpkin Soup is made with pumpkin puree and pantry staples. A great filling slow cooker soup any time of the year.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chili powder
- Pumpkin puree
- Chicken broth
- Apple cider
- Whipping cream or ½ and ½
Optional - you can also add bacon to this recipe
Pumpkin seeds may be sold as Pepitas in the grocery store. I found them in the produce area on a rack.
Great Pumpkin Recipes
Check out all of our vegetarian crockpot recipes.
Crockpot Pumpkin Soup
- Coat crock pot with non-stick spray
- Cook onions for 3 minutes until translucent, stir in salt, chili powder, and pepper. Transfer to crock pot
- Whisk in pumpkin, chicken broth, and apple cider into crock pot until smooth
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
- Turn off heat, remove lid and whisk in cream
- Garnish with sour cream and pumpkin seeds
Recipe originally shared on May 17, 2016. Updated December 2020