Snowball cookies (which are also know as Mexican wedding cookies) are always a favorite for the holidays!!!
A couple of years ago I made Lemon Snowball Cookies so this year I decided to try nonflavored Snowball cookies!!! These are great finger food desserts for parties or stick them on a toothpick for a mess-free dessert!
These Snowball Cookies are my Mom's favorite holiday treat. I am pretty sure she could enjoy the entire plate of them if she had the chance.
I always remember making them with her growing up. I had the job of rolling them in the powdered sugar and you can imagine how much fun that was for a kid.
My Mom of course managed to make it a math lesson and had me measuring everything out and remeasuring it to learn fractions.
Still to this day when I am doing fractions I flashback to my parent's kitchen and flour and sugar everywhere. It was such a great hands-on learning lesson that turned into delicious cookies.
- Powdered Sugar
Great Holiday Recipes
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a bowl cream together the Butter and Sugar.
- Add in the Vanilla and slowly add the flour mixing as you go.
- Add the Almonds and mix to combine. The mixture should be a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350˚ until the bottoms just start browning, 12-14 minutes.
- Remove and let cool until you can comfortably handle them. Roll in powdered sugar and place on wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe originally shared on November 28, 2014. Updated September 2020.