This easy Baileys Coffee recipe is the perfect coffee cocktail! All you need is a few ingredients, three minutes, and ample time to savor this epic Irish Cream Coffee Cocktail.
This epic Baileys Coffee takes a minute to prepare and tastes fantastic. It’s the perfect coffee drink for St. Patrick's Day, cold winter nights, or when you want a boozy coffee cocktail.
I can think up many reasons to make one of these Irish Cream Coffee Cocktails. It's the weekend, which feels like the perfect reason. Not that you can't enjoy this coffee drink any day of the week.
Why don't we say any day that ends in Y is the perfect day to have a Baileys and Coffee?
Can I admit that I have been making a spelling mistake for years regarding Baileys Irish Cream? For some reason, I thought there was an apostrophe between the y and s. Example - Bailey's
I recently stopped, paid attention to the bottle, and realized I had been spelling it wrong for years. Oops!
No matter how you spell it, this spin on a Classic Irish Coffee made with Baileys is always a good idea. One of life's delicious indulgences.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients for making an epic Baileys Coffee! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Hot Coffee - Regular or Decaf
- Baileys Irish Cream
Optional Garnishes: Homemade Whipped Cream, Baileys Whipped Cream, Ground Cinnamon, Ground nutmeg, chocolate shavings
To add a bit of chocolate flavor so it is similar to a mocha you can add chocolate sprinkles or a bit of chocolate syrup.
Baileys - You can use any brand of Irish cream for this recipe or make homemade Irish Cream.
Baileys Original Irish Cream is a combination of Irish whiskey and spirits, Irish dairy cream, and rich chocolate and vanilla flavors. It has a 17% alcohol content.
We used Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur for this recipe but you could definitely make it with some of their other flavors like Baileys Salted Caramel, Baileys Espresso Crème, or Baileys vanilla cinnamon.
To make a vegan Baileys Coffee you can use Baileys Almande which is dairy free. It is made with vegan friendly vanilla and almond. Top it with vegan whipped cream for a delicious drink.
To make a lighter version check out Baileys Deliciously Light which has 40% less calories and 40% less sugar than Baileys Original.
How to make a Baileys Hot Coffee
I've included complete instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
Step 1- Brew your favorite coffee.
Step 2 - Add in Baileys Irish Cream. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead + Storage: For the best results, and because this hot coffee recipe comes together so quickly, we recommend making your Baileys Coffee to order.
Freezing/How to Freeze: John has a recipe for the perfect Iced Irish Coffee Cocktail if you want a cold version of this drink.
You can use any alternative to Baileys, including homemade Irish cream, for the perfect Irish Cream coffee!
Baileys Original Irish Cream combines Irish whiskey and spirits, Irish dairy cream, and rich chocolate and vanilla flavors. It has a 17% alcohol content.
We used Baileys Original Irish Cream for this recipe. You can make it with their other flavors, like Baileys Salted Caramel, Baileys Espresso Crème, or Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon.
This Irish Cream Coffee Recipe can be made with instant coffee, hot brewed coffee, espresso, cold brew coffee, or your favorite iced coffee.
Vegetarian Option: This beverage recipe is vegetarian.
Vegan Option: To make a vegan Baileys Coffee, you can use Baileys Almande, which is dairy-free and made with vegan-friendly vanilla and almond. Top it with vegan whipped cream for a delicious drink.
Gluten-Free: Gluten-free drinkers should use a gluten-free alternative to Baileys, as Baileys does not guarantee that its products are gluten-free.
Alcohol-Free Option: Use a non-alcoholic Irish cream substitute, such as Irish cream-flavored coffee creamer, to make this recipe alcohol-free.
Smaller Serving Size: The written recipe makes one serving of Baileys Coffee. We use coffee and Irish cream in a 2:1 ratio, so pour according to this ratio if you need to change it to the size of your mug.
Larger Group/More Servings: Brew a whole pot of coffee beforehand if you’re serving Baileys Coffee for a group!
Sugar-Free: The written recipe contains 17 grams of sugar per serving. To make a lighter version, check out Baileys Deliciously Light, which has 40% fewer calories and 40% less sugar than Baileys Original.
Tips for the Best Baileys Coffee
- To add a bit of chocolate flavor and make it similar to a mocha, you can add chocolate sprinkles or a bit of chocolate syrup.
- We love using Irish Coffee Mugs for this recipe, but you can use any coffee mug.
- Feel free to use your favorite coffee and Irish Cream for this recipe.
- Baileys does not need to be refrigerated. You can store it in the liquor cabinet or pantry until you want to use it.
- A bartending spoon works great to stir the Baileys Irish Cream into the coffee. The long handle helps reach the bottom of the coffee mug and is easier to handle than using a cereal spoon.
- Classic Irish Coffee uses a different recipe. Traditional Irish Coffee includes coffee, Irish Whiskey, Sugar, and cream. This Baileys Coffee is a twist on the classic version.
- You still have cream and coffee, but we do not add Jameson Irish Whiskey, though you could if you want to make this coffee cocktail even stronger.
- If you have guests who are not a fan of coffee, you can also make these Baileys Hot Chocolate Cocktails.
What to Serve with Baileys Coffee
St. Patrick’s Day is a yearly celebration of anything Irish, and Baileys is a common sighting around St. Patrick’s Day, so the two go hand in hand quite well! Baileys Coffee would be a fantastic addition to any day party you might find yourself at during this lively time of year. Here are some menu planning suggestions.
When to Serve
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Spring Brunch
- Christmas Morning
- The perfect winter cocktail
- Après-ski hot drink
Great Cocktail Recipes
- 6 Ounce Coffee
- 3 Ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Cinnamon and whipped cream Garnish
- Brew your favorite hot coffee add it to a coffee mug.
- Add in Baileys Irish Cream, stir with a spoon. Top with whipped cream and ground cinnamon.