With John sick this week I needed to use up a ton of pears that I had for his lunches. I decided to try my hand at making pear butter. I of course had to use the crock pot to make the recipe. I am absolutely hooked on crock pot recipes. There is nothing quite like getting the Crock Pot set up and walking away from it. The Crock Pot does all the work and you get the satisfaction of an amazing meal to serve to your family.
Are you ready to make your taste buds very happy?
Crock Pot Pear Butter Recipe
10 large pears
1 cup orange juice
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
You could also use allspice if you have it. I like the flavor of Pumpkin Pie Spice and tend to put it in everything.
1. Peel and quarter pears, place in slow cooker
Can we pause for a moment to talk about my favorite new peeler. How cute is this orange monkey! He makes peeling pears a ton of fun.
2. Cover and cook on low for 10 – 12 hours, drain and discard liquid
3. Mash pears, a kitchenaid mixer works great to mash the pears
4. Add spices to pear mix
5. cover and cook on high for 1 hour
Store in sealed jars
- 10 large pears
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Peel and quarter pears, place in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 10 – 12 hours, drain and discard liquid
- Mash pears
- Add spices to pear mix
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour
- Store in sealed jars