We talked a bit ago about how I have been making meals for John’s Grandmother. This week I brought her this Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup and she loved it.
I am trying to work in veggies as much as I can and soups that she will love. This soup just seems perfect for Fall! Hot, cheesy, yummy goodness that is easy to make.
One thing about this soup is your house does smell a bit like broccoli while it is cooking. Not a big deal if you really like broccoli but just something to be aware of. I walked back in the house after running to the store and the smell hit me as soon as I opened the door. I had to laugh that our house smelled like broccoli and pumpkin since I was baking all day when I made this. It was an interesting scent combination but the recipes turned out amazing.
Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
3 cups broccoli, chopped
4 cups chicken broth, reduced-sodium if possible
1 12oz can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp pepper
8oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Heat butter in a skillet, add in onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender, add to crockpot
2. Add in broccoli, chicken broth, milk and pepper
3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours until broccoli is tender
4. Stir in Velveeta until melted, add in cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese, stir until melted
5. Serve topped with extra cheddar cheese
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- Heat butter in a skillet, add in onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender, add to crock pot
- Add in broccoli, chicken broth, milk and pepper
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours until broccoli is tender
- Stir in velveeta until melted, add in cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese, stir until melted
- Serve topped with extra cheddar cheese