How many cups of hot chocolate have you made in the past week since the weather turned nasty?
I am on a hot chocolate kick. I figure if it is going to be super cold out that means I must warm up with hot chocolate. I just seems like the thing you have to do.
I decided to make Crock Pot Hot Chocolate because well….
-I am tired of making it a cup at a time
-I wanted something cheaper than individual packets
-I wanted to see if it would work
-oh and I love a lot of hot chocolate
All of these seem like perfectly great reasons to make a big ole crock pot of hot chocolate. So I did…
and it was FANTASTIC!
I kept the crock pot on warm and was able to serve up cups of hot chocolate without a problem. Perfect for when everyone comes in from the cold and instantly wants a hot drink. Now you can serve a crowd without wearing out your microwave or tea kettle.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup water
6 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, salt and water in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to simmer
2. Pour into crock pot, stir in milk
3. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until hot, stir in vanilla
turn to warm for serving.
Top 10 Crock Pot Recipes
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup water
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, cocoa, salt and water in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to simmer
- Pour into crock pot, stir in milk
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours until hot, stir in vanilla
- turn to warm for serving.