This cool Zombie Brain Shot recipe is the perfect Halloween drink! The swirling zombie brains in this very creepy drink are a crowd-pleaser.
Zombie Brain Shot
Your guests will be in awe of this insane Halloween shot recipe. It’s a swirling concoction of Peach Schnapps, Creme de Menthe, Bailey's Irish Cream, and a splash of Grenadine.
The combination creates a zombie brain hemorrhage shot that you and your guests won’t soon forget.
We have been having fun making Halloween cocktails over the past few weeks. The creepier, the better. Lol!
This Zombie Brain Shot is one of our favorites. The colors are fun and perfect for anyone who loves zombies and gore.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make an epic Zombie Brain Shot! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- 2 ounce shot glasses - We love these 2 oz shot glasses especially for layered shots.
- Bar Spoon - Bar spoons help to create layers in the cocktail shot. They fit perfectly into the cocktail shot glass.
- OXO angled jiggers - these are our go-to measuring tools for cocktails. They work perfectly for pouring in layers for cocktails.
How to make a Zombie Brain Shot Recipe
I've included complete instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
Optional - Create a red sugar rim on the top of the shot glass for a spooky effect before pouring this Halloween shooter.
Step 1 - Add peach schnapps to a large shot glass.
Step 2 - Add green crème de menthe to the shot glass. The liquid will all turn green with the addition of the crème de menthe.
Step 3 - Slowly add Bailey's Irish Cream to the mixture. You can use a spoon to drip the Irish Cream into the mixture or slowly pour it in.
When the Bailey's hits the peach schnapps/crème de menthe mixture it will create a layer at the top.
Step 4 - Add a few dashes of Grenadine heavy syrup to the shot glass. The grenadine has a higher density so it will force the Irish Cream into the shot glass creating strands of Bailey's to float down creating the floating brain look.
Step 5 - Enjoy!
While this shot looks creepy it has great taste-ish. LOL! The combination of mint, peach, and cream is one you will not forget soon.
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead: We recommend making this layered shot to order so you don’t miss out on the creepy visual of the “brain membrane” for the ultimate Halloween drink.
Storage: No storage is needed, as it’s best to make and enjoy this fun shot immediately after.
Substitutions: We use grenadine in this shot recipe, but you can use any other fruity red syrup, including pomegranate and cherry! Any Irish cream in your bar cabinet works, including our homemade Irish cream, if you want to go the DIY route.
Vegetarian Option: This recipe is vegetarian-friendly!
Vegan Option: Bailey’s Almande is a vegan-friendly Irish cream substitute made with almond oil instead of dairy.
Gluten-Free: The Zombie Brain Shot ingredients, including Bailey’s Irish Cream, are gluten-free.
Alcohol-Free Option: Use a zero-proof Irish cream, peach schnapps, and blue curaçao to make an NA Zombie Brain Shot. Here are some non-alcoholic peach schnapps substitutes and créme de menthe alternatives to consider.
Larger Group/More Servings: Upsize the written recipe to scale to make Zombie Brain Cocktails!
Sugar-Free: The written recipe contains 12 grams of sugar per serving. Use sugar-free alternatives where possible to reduce the sugar content.
Tips for the Best Zombie Brain Shot
- As you let the shot sit, the dash of grenadine syrup will continue to pull the Irish cream Liqueur down into the schnapps since it has a heavier density. I like to drip it off of the bottom of a spoon a few inches over the shot so it forces the Irish cream into the drink.
- We use a teaspoon to slowly add a splash of grenadine heavy syrup to the cocktail. A tiny amount of grenadine makes a noticeable impact.
- Need a refresher on layered shots? We have a guide to pouring layered shots here.
- A cocktail shaker can be used but you will miss the look of this cocktail shot.
What to Serve with a Zombie Brain Shot
The creepy yet mesmerizing Zombie Brain Shot with a gory twist would be at home at any Halloween party or cocktail night! Here are some scary good menu planning suggestions.
Desserts: Marshmallow Ghosts, Ghost Strawberries, Witch Hat Cookies, Reese's Bats, Nutter Butter Ghosts, Spider Donuts, Halloween Bloody Bandages, Mummy Oreos, Candy Corn Bark, Mummy Rice Krispie Treats, Mummy Brownies, Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse
When to Serve
- Halloween Party
- Halloween Cocktail Night
- Space party
Insane Halloween Shot Recipes
Funny Drink Names: Check out our entire collection of cocktails and mocktails with funny names.
Peach Schnapps Cocktails: Check out our entire collection of cocktails made with Peach Schnapps.
Check out all of our Halloween Recipes!
Check out all of our Cocktail Recipes!
Zombie Brain Shot
- Add peach schnapps to a large shot glass.
- Top with green creme de menthe
- Slowly add in Irish Cream so clumps appear. Pour over a spoon to control the flow of Irish Cream.
- Add drops of Grenadine into the shot glass to create the Zombie Brains
- Shot Glasses