I don't know about you but when it get crazy cold and snowy out I dream of rich, thick, comfort food. To me, there is nothing more comforting than mashed potatoes. They are so filling and taste so good. Today's Loaded Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe is delicious!
Loaded Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe!
Easy Ultimate Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe! The perfect comfort food for a crowd! I love that you can prep these loaded mashed potatoes in the morning and have them ready when you are ready to serve your meal.
- Chicken stock
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Cheese, cheddar
- Salt and pepper
Great Crockpot Side Dishes
- 2 lbs Potatoes peeled and quartered
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- ½– 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Bacon cooked
- 2 Green onions chopped
- 1 C Cheese cheddar, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into the slow cooker bowl
- Add the chicken stock
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or high for 3 -4 hours. Please check the potatoes for tenderness at the minimum cooking time as a lot slow cookers cook at different rates.
- When tender, stir up the potatoes and add the sour cream, salt, and pepper. The amount of sour cream you add will depend on how creamy you like the potatoes. Start with ½ cup and then add per tablespoon as you continue to mash.
- Smooth out the top of the potatoes and sprinkle the cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- Replace the lid and cook on high for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Recipe originally shared on January 31, 2017. Updated November 2020.