I hope you are ready for Thanksgiving inspired crockpot recipes. Today we are sharing our favorite crockpot Turkey Recipe. This recipe is the perfect way to save your oven for other Thanksgiving needs and serve a great turkey. If you have been wondering how to cook a Turkey Breast in Crock Pot this is the article for you!!! Trust me when I say this recipe is so easy and you are going to love the results!
Turkey Breast in Crock Pot
We only have one oven and some days it gets a bit crowded especially on Thanksgiving. Being able to cook our turkey in the crockpot saves so much maneuvering and lets me sleep a bit longer in the morning. I don't have to cook the turkey at 4 am so it is done and ready plus have time to cook other things in the oven. We use this recipe year-round and use the turkey meat for John's lunches.
Over the next month or so we will be sharing Crock Pot Thanksgiving Recipes! Our goal is to make your Thanksgiving as calm and stress-free as possible! Let us know if there are any specific recipes you would like to see!
How do you normally prepare your turkey for Thanksgiving?
If you love cooking in the crock pot check out this Crock Pot Ham and Bean soup perfect for holiday ham leftovers.
Crockpot turkey breast
What you need to cook a crockpot turkey breast
- 2-4 pounds turkey depending on the size of your crockpot
- Garlic cloves
- Ground sage
- Whole cloves
- Cracked black peppercorns
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken stock
Great Thanksgiving Recipes
Crock Pot Turkey Recipe
- Brown turkey in skillet on all sides, transfer to crock pot
- Reduce heat in the skillet and add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened approx. 7 minutes
- Add garlic, sage, cloves, salt, and peppercorns, cook stirring for 1 minute
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir for 1 minute, add chicken stock and stir until thickened
- Transfer to crock pot and pour over turkey breast
- Cook on low for 6 hours until turkey is 170 degrees Fahrenheit
Recipe originally shared on September 7, 2015. Updated October 2020