I hope you are ready for Thanksgiving inspired crockpot recipes. Today we are sharing our favorite crock pot Turkey Recipe. This recipe is the perfect way to save your oven for other Thanksgiving needs and serve a great turkey.
We only have one oven and some days it gets a bit crowded especially on Thanksgiving. Being able to cook our turkey in the crock pot saves so much maneuvering and lets me sleep a bit longer in the morning. I don’t have to cook the turkey at 4 am so it is done and ready plus have time to cook other things in the oven. We use this recipe year-round and use the turkey meat for John’s lunches.
Over the next month or so we will be sharing Crock Pot Thanksgiving Recipes! Our goal is to make your Thanksgiving as calm and stress-free as possible! Let us know if there are any specific recipes you would like to see!
How do you normally prepare your turkey for Thanksgiving?
If you love cooking in the crock pot check out this Crock Pot Ham and Bean soup perfect for holiday ham leftovers.
Make sure and pin this recipe to make it easier to find.
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Turkey Recipe
1 skin-on turkey, 2-4 pounds depending on the size of your crockpot
1 onion, finely chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp salt
6 whole cloves
1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chicken stock
1. Brown turkey in skillet on all sides, transfer to crock pot
2. Reduce heat in the skillet and add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened approx. 7 minutes
3. Add garlic, sage, cloves, salt, and peppercorns, cook stirring for 1 minute
4. Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir for 1 minute, add chicken stock and stir until thickened
5. Transfer to crock pot and pour over turkey breast
6. Cook on low for 6 hours until turkey is 170 degrees Fahrenheit
We use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker for all of our crock pot recipes
- 1 skin-on turkey 2-4 pounds depending on the size of your crock pot
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
Brown turkey in skillet on all sides, transfer to crock pot
Reduce heat in the skillet and add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened approx. 7 minutes
Add garlic, sage, cloves, salt, and peppercorns, cook stirring for 1 minute
Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir for 1 minute, add chicken stock and stir until thickened
Transfer to crock pot and pour over turkey breast
Cook on low for 6 hours until turkey is 170 degrees Fahrenheit