It’s that time of year when you look in the fridge and see a ton of leftovers piled up. Or at least it is in our house. We always seem to have a plethora of ham, turkey, and sides stacked up in the fridge. It may be because I cook WAY TO MUCH during the holidays but I am not going to admit that. LOL! Today’s Cranberry and Leftover Turkey Sliders Recipe is a great way to repurpose some of those leftovers in the fridge.
Because let’s be honest with each other. You can only make a plain sandwich so many times or a ham and egg omelet so many times before you are on the hunt for new recipes. I don’t know about your house but in our house, John starts to give me the look. The one that says are we going to go out for Mexican because I can’t eat any more holiday leftovers. LOL! So I try to come up with fun new leftover recipes to keep him entertained and save on our dining out budget.
These are so good!!!
Cranberry and Leftover Turkey Sliders Recipe
3C Turkey, cooked and diced
1 Can Cranberry sauce
1 C Mozzarella, shredded
1 ½ C Gravy (leftover or prepared packet)
½ C Butter
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 dozen Bread rolls, fresh
Preheat oven to 300
1. In a pot, combine the turkey and gravy. Bring to a boiling and then set aside.
2. Cut the bread rolls in half HORIZONTALLY, keeping each roll connected. Set top aside.
3. Taking a few tablespoons from the 1/2C, butter the top of the bottom portion of rolls
4. Spoon the turkey and gravy over the buns, being sure to get as far to the edge as possible
5. Spoon the cranberry sauce over the turkey, again, ensuring good coverage over the entire buns
6. Sprinkle the shredded mozza on top of the cranberry sauce.
7. Replace the tops of the buns
8. With the remaining butter, melt it and then brush it over the very tops of the buns.
9. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
10. Bake in the oven for 12– 15 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and cut each slider individually and serve! Enjoy!
Note: As each oven is slightly different, keep an eye on the buns. The main objective is to have the cheese melt so when it’s entirely melted, you can remove them from the oven!